or Connect

Posts by ChinaDoll

floradix is the only iron that doesn't constipate me. FWIW, I was comfortable taking it while pregnant/nursing.
I think unless you have a super-flexible non-traditional private school, they're still going to have 'school-like' rules, and that you may have to decide if you're really committing to school culture or not. If I were going to have mine in school (and we have in the past) I'd make sure they were there for the first few days, when people are doing fun, get-to-know-you activities and figuring out seating arrangements. But I'd also become familiar with the student handbook...
Quote: Originally Posted by elizawill why not just google a scope and sequence from a christian curriculum. for example, i know abeka, christian light education, bob jones, etc. would have such a thing for free. it is going to be based more-so on state standards, but it may give you a point of reference just the same. as for writing and math, that may be more to do with your son's readiness and learning style. you could look at charlotte mason...
Quote: Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X None of the other kids according to the teachers are having this issue. So dd will be undergoing some testing in the next 2 weeks to try and get to the bottom of her issues. Testing that was supposed to be done at the beginning of last year but never got done I hope testing goes well for her!
Quote: Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X Well the fact that the backpacks weigh so much apparently isnt something they can do anything about They felt bad of course and offered suggestions about how she should carry the back pack and how she should carry some in her arms to keep some of the weight off her back but they dont have spare books, didnt figure they would, and the principle refuses to allow wheeled ones Do they teach science at...
Quote: Originally Posted by rightkindofme The first OB/GYN I saw this pregnancy told me I had to wean immediately. I then went and talked to my midwife and she said there isn't actually medical evidence that shows that breastfeeding is a problem unless you are on complete pelvic rest. Breastfeeding does stimulate your uterus, but so does almost everything else. I'm reading through Adventures in Tandem Nursing and I highly recommend it. I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitenites We bought a blank timeline book from Sonlight. It's pre-printed, and spiral-bound. It was about $20. The kids love looking back at the events they've filled out in previous years. (Which brings me to another point - I'm so glad it's durable. That was a must for us, since I wanted to expand on it year after year.) We did this as well. In the future, I'm hoping to buy the Homeschool in the Woods cd for...
We use Sonlight, a Christian literature-based curricula, and love it - history from living books, no workbooks! Many people use just the reading list, getting books from the library.
I'm assuming you have gotten AF back by now, right? Taking a magnesium/calcium supplement can help to even out hormonal shifts due to ovulation (that caused cyclical pain for me). What about thrush, is it possible you have that? I'd definitely be teaching about not biting at that age, but i'm not sure I'd wean because of it. I'm sorry you're in pain!
: hang in there - 19 months was the peak of needy-toddler-nursing for me (14-20 months I think it was) and then they slacked off a bit more. DD night-weaned herself early due to my pregnancy, but I think for DS it was just after age 2.