or Connect

Posts by ChinaDoll

Sounds like she follows, "Start PL at 2, end at 3 ... start PL at 3, end at 3" like me I know there are exceptions. BUT, PL before a child has the manual dexterity to always get to the potty on his own, on time, and get his clothing off in time and get on the potty in time seems much more about training the adult to be hyper-vigilant and to run said child to the potty on time than about actually training the child. IMO. Both of mine showed no interest (despite...
Quote: Originally Posted by Momma Aimee what can you tell me about teh teacher's guides .. for the pk4/5 and kindy levels. we can't afford to buy the packages -- and have a number of the books already -- i was thinking of buying the teacher's guiide to use ... but is it jsut a schdule of when to do stuff? or is there extra infrmation? like about book authors and the histopry of the books and so on ?? From what I understand (didn't use...
Quote: Originally Posted by kgianforti How do you like the Core K? I'm thinking of using that as a filler until 1st grade. I did buy the Science K and it should arrive by Fed Ex today! We love it - I'm using it as Kindergarten for DS and First Grade for DD. She could have gone into Core 1, but I'd prefer to keep them together for now. The topics may be a bit chunked up, but the formal core title is "Introduction to World Cultures," so the goal...
I WISH I had done that for preschool rather than A Beka. We're doing Sonlight Core K now, but when we visit the library, we often check out a few of the preschool core books, and have enjoyed ALL of them. I think it would be a wonderful start to your child's education and library whether or not you continue with SL.
Quote: Originally Posted by StrawberryFields I figure no matter what they will eventually want space from mom. I can't see my teenage son wanting mommy to rub his back and snuggle him to sleep! There will come a day when my bed is empty and I am in no hurry to get there. I will miss the sleepy snuggles and the toddler feet in my face All of that! My DD was 3.5 when she chose to move to her own bed, still in our room. At 4.5 she chose to...
: honestly, they're sharing germs whether or not they're sharing milk via tandem nursing. And both are getting antibodies. The baby might get sick (mine did catch a cold early on) but probably not get as sick as he would without nursing. Even if you limited the toddler nursing, however, the newborn could catch the toddler's illness just from living in the same house/sharing the same Mama. Lots of hand-washing and disinfecting the house helps, but there's no guarantee. :
: I can imagine your frustration! Honestly, I remember a period when my nursing toddler nursed more often than the newborn! It is okay to set limits (like the ABC song; I used that one when nursing while pregnant) and it's okay to start teaching basic manners (wait your turn, etc, since the toddler can understand a little more and can be reasoned with a little more). It really helped me to think of things from the other side, though; ie, if I'm nursing the...
it does have that laxative effect, though my toddler adjusted in a week or so. It's great for weight gain and immunities, so it's not bad, just have to treat the dipe rash before it gets worse :
I hated it as a kid, and even my mother says today she would never allow it again. I was small for my age, so tiny in comparison to the older kids. A few of the teachers were very rude to me. I was out of place in both classes, and not at all prepared for the maturity needed in the older. I did it from 1st-5th grades, though. When our principal started talking about skipping DD, and refused to have her teacher do in-class differentiation, we chose to homeschool instead,...
It's extremely religious and very conservative. And VERY academic for preschoolers. We're Christian, so I could appreciate that aspect, but wish I had NEVER sent my children to an A Beka preschool. DS started bringing homework home in K4, and crying that his teacher said his handwriting was unacceptable (at four!) and that was it for me.