or Connect

Posts by zombiemommie

I am sorry if I have made anyone uncomfortable. Sometimes I feel that there are people here who are looked upon as "not enough". The vegans feel that someone who is eating dairy and eggs is not a "true" vegetarian. The women who've had the c-sections - bad. Women who have had an epidural or other medical birthing intervention, uneducated. Moms who work, doing a disservice to the family. Sending kids to public school should be homeschooling. Not using natural...
Thanks for the advice. Altho it was "cold turkey" I didn't mean it to be. I was going to cut out the night nursing and she responded really well so I decided to just "go for it" - she hasn't asked or tried to latch on or anything -she's happy in the day and sleeping soundly so I am assuming that she is not having a hard time. Our family is in a financial crisis right now and I need to get back to work and that is why I was trying to cut out the nights. I will try the...
THings that worked for us: location, location, location. DS would eat at the kiddie picnic table, and later at his little wood table, but not at the big table. Also maybe try booster seat vs. car seat. Have a picnic. Let him eat a bite, then get down, come back and get another. We pretend that dd is a "lion" and give her bites between the slats of the chair (yes, great table manners). I also love to feed my dd in the swing outside. She will eat a huge bowl of...
Is he eating or drinking enough in the daytime ? Maybe you could increase the number of day nursings (add one or two) (or bottle of BM if he takes that wherever he is where you are at work) or make sure he is getting an extra snack of quality high-calorie food. Maybe he is just hungry. My son was always hungry at night (read: nursing two very full breasts to emptiness) at night. Another things is "reverse cycle nursing" which happens to younger infants (altho I am...
Are there any traditionalist (TLM) moms here ?
Where are the rules of what constitutes keeping with the "AP", natural motheriong stereotype posted here on MDC ? Everyone is not an all or nothing AP'r. If Lexbeach, who has nursed twins for 26 or 27 months decidesto bribe them with a popsicle, she is suddenly not AP ENOUGH for MDC ? Or because I told my exclusively nursed until 12 months (including no solids), co-slept, baby-worn, no vaxxed 27 month old who up until that point was nursing as much as she wanted day...
I just weaned my 27 1/2 month old, all night and nap nurser, cold turkey. The first night was rough, she cried for about 15 minutes (being held by me) but we decided to wean because she has two huge cavities and there is the possibility that the night nursing/pooling is enhancing her issues. Anyway, I blamed it on the dentist, and told her the dentist said no more. Very apologetic. "I'm sorry, Reilly, the dentist said no more nursies" and she accepted that. It was...
History: I am uber mastitis prone. I also have, still, enough milk to nurse triplets. I have just weaned my #2 after 27 1/2 months of BF. She was nursing pretty much all night (nap, bedtime, multiple wakings, AM) and not during the day but for naps. I pretty much stopped "cold turkey" and she handled it incredibly well (it was practically effortless). She has an issue with dental caries, BTW. Anyway, I stopped on a Friday morning. By Sunday it was painful. I...
I have heard the same thing about St. Barnabas, that it is a "baby mill" and there are no private post-partum rooms - no rooming in, no matter what, which makes breastfeeding, and good rest, practically impossible.
I had a VBAC 17 months ago at the Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, NJ. (Which is exit 109 on the Garden State Parkway if you know NJ at all). I know several people who have VBAC'd there in the past 2 years, as well as a few other people who have VBAC'd at a smaller local hospital with OB's without any issues (but they aren't *crunchy* - which I guess actually says alot LOL). I used nurse midwives, the Center for Women's Health at Avon, NJ and was as pleased as...