or Connect

Posts by zombiemommie

Do you have an Amazon.com in UK ? Like a European one - there is one I think...just seach in video under titles like "construction" or "fire trucks" etc until you find something suitable. That is what I did LOL and I read the reviews to make sure it was exactly what I was looking for, very bland, not too much music or dopey characters, etc etc. I hope this helps you out !
I know alot of people here don't do the TV thing, but since you mentioned Disney video, I thought you might be open to this. I have a 3 1/2 year old construction and fire enthusiast. I purchased several (3) "real" videos of fire and/or construction. The construction ones are narrated by a guy named "george" and he goes around the construction site and talks about all the things they do to build a road, or a house. Then I have one that is all about the firehouse,...
Bathe and wash area well, pat dry. Apply a generous amount of fresh breastmilk to the rash. Let air dry. Spread a thick layer of vaseline, or the clear A&D ointment on there. If he has poops again, just use a squirty bottle or very wet cloth to rinse off the poop, if you have enough salve on there it will slide off. Apply more Vaseline/A&D Twice a day, stick him in a soapy bath to get rid of the ointment, and do the breastmilk again. The breastmilk will...
Well, once the genie is out of the bottle, its kind of hard to stuff her back in there. I *can* tell you what you *might* have tried instead of taking the shoes away... distraction. Distract, distract, distract, redirect, redirect, redirect. Something along the lines of "oh ! I just remembered that I was going to eat an orange !! Would you like one ?? How about we bring your shoes into the kitchen and have an orange together ?? ((Plop her onto the counter. Start...
My son used to get a bright red ring around his anus whenever he ate orange pulp or drank OJ, even a sip. This persisted into his 2 year old time. He can handle them now at 3 1/2.
My midwife practice uses low dose Pit. They use it just to get labor pattern established then shut if off. I actually was ready to get the pit with my VBAC, I had been in labor for 50+hours at home, had already been to the hospital once (at 24 hours) and at a 4 cm refused to stay, and really, literally, had contractions every 8 minutes for 50 hours that lasted at least 3 minutes sometimes. I was exhausted, and my midwives were getting pressured from the OB who...
OMG, the urge was OVERWHELMING for me. I did wind up with an epidural (I caved after accepting that I was going to get my water broken and possibly pit) after 50 hours of labor at home, under threat from my midwife (long story) as I was a VBAC and her supervising OB was giving them a hard time. I was emotionally a wrect at this point and couldn't fight the fight anymroe. Whatever. I had sensation from my epidural still, I could move my legs whatever and was still...
My baby didn't have a bath until she was 3 days old and I gave in because she was starting to get stinky. But *I* did the bath, on my terms, at my pace, with love. she was a hosptial VBAC and I had her room in with me (meaning, she was actually admitted to my room, had all physicals with me in our room, and didn't spend a single second in the nursery - new hospital "secret policy" they don't advertise). Anyway, I refused her bath, told them we would do it later. Had...
Naps in am, at about 9:30 (wakes at 7) for anywhere from 1/2 hour to 2 1/2 hours. If older brother at preschool, better chance for long nap (quiet house). Afternoon at about 3-4 pm for 1/2 to 1 hour. Sometimes only AM nap, once recently NONE despite my best efforts to get her to sleep. Sleeps at night 11 hours, waking every 2-3 hours to nurse.
ITA about following cues. Especially on shoveling (not that you are, that's my word) gruel/babyfood into them. Neither my daughter just turning 11 mos nor son 3 1/2 yr would take babyfood. My dd is now (and has been for several months, I used to just grind up whatever ds' dinner was, usually potato gnocci and brocollli with olive oil, he was in a food rut for a month or so) and letting her pick up gobs of that with her fists. She is just getting whatever anybody is...