or Connect

Posts by zombiemommie

I'm there with you, sister. I am going to offer some quick fixes to you, that worked for me. And a suggestion for the: Kids, Parents and Power Struggles book. You are struggling all day long and its not mentally worth it for either of you, YK ? For the popsicle thing - either take them out of the house all together, or substitute a healthier alternative, say frozen yogurt pops or something. Then let him have it. So what if he has it first thing in the am or in the...
My almost 8 month old has started this and it is terrible. I have to drop ds off at preschool and I just get her in finally and then have to take her out for drop off and then back in again. People look at me like I'm trying to murder her with all her screaming. She just keeps flipping and flipping (over, so I can't buckle her). What works is a forbidden thing (my cell phone ringing a funny ring, my keys to hold, one of ds little cars, a "cookie" ((cracker)) anything to...
I know this is not very *MDC* but I use Clorox Clean Up, and I spray it daily on the floor around the toilet, and I let it sit for like 10 minutes. I close the door, open the windows. Then I come in with a moist, old cloth diaper and just wipe the floor with the diaper with my foot. And then especially on the area where the tank meets the back of the seat. (like directly beneath the tank. It seems there is like a crevice there where it can get accumulated. So I spray...
Island Mommy, just curious - what kind of digestive problems/symptoms does your baby have ? I personally have the excess lipase issue (or at least the funky milk issue and the scalding technique fixed that so I am assuming it was lipase) and had 2 very pukey babies (until about 4 months) but also had huge OAL and oversupply too. Anyway, I love to learn new things about BF and try to help new moms when I can and this is a new thing for me that there might be a remote...
SLEEP !!! ROFL ROFL Try and do things with her, sling her around and around the neighborhood, the mall. Use this time to practice BFIP. Fresh air and autumn is great for babies. When she is sleeping, start her scrapbook, catalog her baby pictures. Start your Christmas shopping. Just get out and enjoy yourself !
Lex, my ds was an early walker, at just before 9 months, and he got himself a pair of Stride Rite early walker high-tops. They are not the most "granola" shoes in the world but the soles were very flexible and he didn't seem impeded too much by them. Reilly seems like she's on the "fast track" too so I'm curious to hear what others recommend.
Ja-mamma, my reply may be a bit harsh, but what is more importabt, your son cracking his head open on the patio and winding up in the ICU or worse, or DH not being happy about a hole in the wall. Hole in son's head vs. hole in window/wood. I am a trauma nurse and I have seen to many dead and permanently injured children. Please secure the window immediately. ((hugs))
KJ, how's it going ? Have things gotten a little less crazy ?? HOpe all is well.
KJ, this isn't unexpected tho, is it ? I know you were having similar issues with Charlie during your pregnancy and were making strides toward using GD instead of hitting, lashing out etc. I have to be honest with you tho, for me, those post-partum days were the WORST, not in his behavior, because he was okay, it was ME and my hormones, my want/need to be alone with baby, etc etc. Not that THAT will make you feel any better. It is so much harder to deal and be GD...
I am looking for simple, cotton, non-printed, dresses for my dd. Something along the lines of Hanna dresses, but less expensive and not striped (well maybe striped, but not that expensive). Either jumpers, or long sleeve t-dresses, something I could mix and match with brightly colored leggings or tights. Does anybody know of any good websites carrying this type of thing. TIA !~