or Connect

Posts by zombiemommie

Get thee to a doctor, my friend. I have plugs often, but when I get mastitis (I had it like 4 times last baby) it is a different ballgame. Out of nowhere, my entire breast will be sore, no lumps/plugs to speak of, and I get feverish / achy INCREDIBLY fast. I just had my first bout of mastitis with new baby who is 3 months old (and hopefully my last mastitis) 2 weeks ago and within 3 hours of onset of breast pain my fever was 104.6 and I felt like I was gonna die. ...
If this is the same SIL you posted on the other board about, chances are she won't WANT a VBAC (just being judgemental, sorry) : But good for you for wanting to help. I have no info handy tho.
Both my son and now my daughter HATE the avent nipples. They must have short palates or something and both gag and puke from them. I have had decent results iwth the Evenflo classic ?? or something it is a short nipple with a small base. Its like a mini bottle nipple. It is small, petite, short, and a short but wider base. Clear. It comes iwth a bottle with a curve in it (or an angle I guess. ) the neck of the bottle is blue, the nipple and bottle are clear. There...
I had 'em too, they hurt like hell, my dd was a VBAC and I couldn't localize my afterpains after my c/s like I could this time. Yeeowch. They were tolerable after 4 days. I just took Ibuprofen every 8 hours around the clock until day 5 anyway due to VERY sore tears. Tell your sister they will get much better. ANd that she needs to empty her bladder before she nurses that will help with them, a bladder that is even semi-full can irritate the uterus plus the...
I agree that Riley is gaining in popularity. We thought we were so original. My daughter is Reilly Mairead. If she were to have been a boy, she would have been Riley. I know one other person with a dd named Rylee. HOWEVER, I have met at least 4 little girl Reilly's since we picked the name and 3 BOY Rileys. grrr. the same thing happened with our son, Kieran. We thought that was a gender neutral name as well and had never heard of any named Kieran. Well they...
My son is allowed to play at the homes of neighbors unsupervised for short periods of time (one hour). Its not really much different than babysitting IMHO for *us*. We live in a very close knit neighborhood with all SAHM's and small toddlers, babies, preschoolers. They all play together on a daily basis outside or at each others homes and we all know the "quirks" of each others children (who is bossy, who is sensitive, who does what, etc etc) and the children are all...
I am curious if anybody could answer this for me. I had a 56 hour labor (every 6 minute contractions, lasting 1-3 minutes long, then after 24 hours every 2 minutes apart lasting 3 minutes (double peak), then I "stalled" when I got to the hospital at every 8 minutes, low intensity and short, 40 seconds or so. I was 4 cm, not too stretchy, and bulging membranes. Baby was still kinda high. Then I went home, labored another 24 hours with contractions gradually increasing...
Hey Tanya, now that the new baby is here, I have totally abandoned any sense of anti-TV ness. I still TOTALLY regulate the content but he is watching ALOT. My favorites: The Adventures of Winnie The Pooh - classic movie. Except the part in the middle about the "heffalumps and woozles" I think it scares him. Blue's Clues. I think it IS educational. Caillou. A cartoon about a preschool boy. Low "intensity" (meaning not "busy" visually) he has a little...
One of the things that helped me the most was to LET myself feel all those feelings, and then to realize that there was NOTHING I could do to change what had happened, as it was the past. I could grieve, I could ruminate, but I couldn't bring myself back to before the c/s, all I could do was move forward and hope/try/work on myself and a better birth experience next time. Hindsight is really 20/20, it is so easy to judge the situation after the fact. I had to climb out...
I just wanted to reply that I took him to the pedi today and they didn't even xray it, just said yes it is broken and that he didn't need ENT, as long as he could "blow" out of both nostrils and that it wasn't crooked (it looked crooked yesterday but today it is just universally swollen and bruised. OH the bruising !!). I was relieved but still skeptikal because it looks TERRIBLE. Once the swelling goes down if it still looks funky I will ENT him just for 2nd opinion. ...