or Connect

Posts by westcoastma

Thanks guys. I think having the nanny take ds for a walk in the morning may help, I'll try that this morning. So hard to leave ds I have such long hours that I feel I barely get to see him anymore!! Sigh.... things will get easier in time I hope! I'm doing pretty well at my job, just got a promotion after a month of being there so hopefully less hours in the near future. Good luck to you guys with your lo's.
I haven't been on here in a while; working, working, working!! I need some help with helping mornings go smoother. I found a great nanny (after one bad experience) with whom my 1 year old son seems happy with throughout the day. The mornings have been pretty rough though. Handing him over to her when I leave he cries for 1/2 hour or so, then seems happy. We've tried going for a walk at the same time I leave, but seeing me get into the car he cries. We've tried...
I flew west jet just a few weeks ago nursing my 11month old on take off and landing uncovered without a problem. This was probably more directly related to the flight attendant's personal views than company policy. No one said anything to me. Flight attendants even smiled as they passed us while ds was nursing.
I just voted too! What happened on West Jet?! I recently had a flight with them and nursed on take off and landing both ways and didn't have a problem. I didn't cover up either.
THanks guys. Ya, I think I'll just hold off on any more comments unless they ask me. I'm hesitant to print stuff off and hand it to them, seems a little pushy for me. It is their baby after all. He's pretty happy and healthy so guess whatever they're doing is working for them! Silly peds though.... I mentioned the AAP's recommendation. WHy do doc's still insist on solids at 4 months?! Geez...
My brother and his girlfriend were advised by their ped to start their 4 month old on solids; rice cereal. Already I feel like I have overloaded them with information, some of which I feel like I have been preaching to them because my son is a few months older and I feel like I've been there and either learned from a few mistakes, or simply have access to more info (computer/internet, doula course, other's advice). I was told the same thing by my son's doc at 4...
Canning?! I want to can! When are we canning? I've never canned before but it sounds like such a "Mom" thing to do! Forget who mentioned they were looking for a local artisan... I don't know this guy but have seen him around Commercial Drive area. He does custom carvings out of red and yellow cedar, native art work if desired. He's really nice and actually he does "Mr. C" around Christmas time at Stanley Park. Ahem, one of the helpers. His name is Randy Tait...
I haven't weaned or gone a night without ds yet (11 months old, still nursing at night so have delayed overnights so far) but have spoken to a nutritionist about this topic. She mentioned breastmilk 3x day past 1 y.o was "enough" as long as the lo is getting a variety of other solids. That seemed like hardly any bm so I don't know... She said not to worry about replacing bm with cow's milk (that goes against what you were saying about not wanting to pump on weekends...
Quote: Originally Posted by dawncayden I just found out yesterday! I'm due in April! P.s. If you know me in real life (ahem Corene) keep it hush hush and on the down low, hehe. lol YAY!!! That's so awesome, Dawn!! : YOU: : :::: CONGRATULATIONS!!
Aw, we missed it today! glad so many of you and others made it. Any comments from staff/managers? Missed the news tonight too, think it will repeat tomorrow? Apparently there's a virus going around on facebook so if you get a message from a friend saying they have a "hidden camera" video of you don't open it. I just did thinking "oh god, what could this be? me scratching my bum?" and am running a virus check now. Thankfully I have a Mac so probably safe, but used...