or Connect

Posts by Greenmama2AJ

With all due respect, OP, I think you need to first get past your presumptions about how kids should act given the environments in which they may or may not be in at a given time.  Instilling values and morality and all that stuff is a bit more complex than whether or not a kid is attached to mom's hip 24/7 or if, oh dread, to what you may view as less desirable enviroments.    ^^^ Yes, to this   To say that your 4yr old DS has no integrity, is a very strong...
Hi :)   I'm feeling a bit silly, but is there a general birth forum somewhere?   I see that the birth forums are limited to Homebirth and Unassisted birth. Are there any forums where discussing birth center births or even, dare I say it, natural hospy births is allowed. Considering that women who birth in these environments would need a great deal of support it would seem like a forum that allowed these discussions would be highly beneficial. Even just the...
The real reason people buy onesies and blankets is because they can't afford to buy the items on your registry - or they dont want to spend the money on your registry. People would much prefer to buy you a cute outfit as a gesture, than some bottle nipples and baby wipes. Just take this into account and don't buy any clothes or blankets yourself. Either way, I think its rude and greedy to have the attitude of 'this is what I "need" - please buy it for me". The people...
You are getting closer mama Birth is much more than your cervix opening - your uterus is contracting, preparing for moving your baby down to be born. Everything our body does to prepare for birth is 'one step closer'. I know it's hard - but be patient -this baby will be born. You will not be pregnant forever. Enjoy these last few weeks because your life will never be the same again.
This sounds like learned helplessness to me. He's being the class clown because its better to be the cool kid running around in your tap shoes, than be the kid who can't jump, dance backwards or dance gracefully. Don't be mortified - this is totally normal behaviour. I agree with everyone else - this isn't about him - he's not ready for dance classes. He wont learn anything more by 'sticking with it' except perhaps reinforce his self-disbelief and his concept of...
Congrats with sticking with breastfeeding, well done! 1.) When DS reduced his night feeds I used to pump a feeding if my bb's became too full. It was fine. And not to scare you, but he may start waking again and want that feed anyway - still lots of growth spurts coming over the next few months - it won't hurt to have a little extra on hand. 2.) Definetely try switching up the hold and lather on that lanisoh to keep the nipple moist. This will encourage wet healing...
Love those links! I started an edible garden at my highschool - it was the best experience and a great success! At first I had other teachers joking about how I 'let the kids run around the garden all day' but by the time I left the school there were several classes utilising the space and it was happily taken control of by the Students At Educational Risk and Learning Center (disabled) classes. Some tips I have: - An automatic timer for the sprinkler system (very...
I'm so sorry, that must be so stressful. Firstly, don't worry about CPS etc, that's not going to happen - you'll just make yourself stress over nothing. Secondly, its normal behaviour for children to be curious of their and other bodies - if your DS did touch this girl (which he didn't) it wouldn't be treated by health care professionals in the same way it would be treated if your ds was 15. You need to speak to the parents without your children present. Listen to...
If you can grow lemons then grow a fig tree. Every living animal loves fresh, ripe figs - from chickens to children, they are a fav! I like oranges - children love picking and eating them straight off the tree. And avocados - creamy, dreamy goodness ETA - LOL JamieCatheryn, just read your post, great minds think alike
LOL - this made me laugh, thankyou. Before I had children: - Long Sunday drives to the beach were we'd lazily drink a beer or two and then think, 'ah stuff it, let's just lay here on the sand and sunbake for a few hours' - Going to a cafe and having a hot coffee with my friends (and I never thought once about how close it was to the edge of the table, or whether or not they served cheese sandwhiches and glasses of milk) - Spending money on high heels After...