or Connect

Posts by Greenmama2AJ

Worms lay eggs. You know that saddle in the middle of them that looks like they've been chopped in half and restiched together? That slides off their body and forms an egg sack (which looks like a tiny onion - or fertiliser pellet) which will eventually produce between 12-20 young un's. When you go through the bedding next time you should look for those too. So a population of 21 worms can multiple into many thousands if given a few good months. I teach highschool...
I agree, you can just let it go to seed. I know parsley is meant to be short lived but I have a plant that has been there for years, gone to seed, died off and grown new parsley leaves again and again. It has a thick tubourous stem now about 2 inches wide and 8 inches long. Are there perrenial versions of parsley? Maybe I have that? If not, you could just pick of the flowers and see if it keeps going
As soon as they start putting out new green shoots/leaves it is fine to start picking the odd leaf off here and there. It encourages leafy growth - which is what you want with herbs. Good luck.
Hey Emilyash, Thanks for this suggestion! I just went and looked at buying a bed rail for my DS who is moving into his first big boy bed. What a rip off - so expensive! I just need something to stop him doing the automatic roll out, but still low enough that he can climb over it easily. This may just be the solution. Cheers
What climate are you in? I live in a Mediterranean climate - very dry hot summers, mild wet winters - in Australia. It sounds like you have been having success with some other mediterranean plants, so lemons and olives should be easy. The good thing about olives is they are very hardy. They survive in dry, sandy, salty soil and do great in windy spots. They survive well even neglected - I just pinched one that had self seeded next to some old plants in a very dry...
That's a nice intro link Laura
That really sucks Salt Pheonix Compost is ready when its not hot anymore. Stick your hand into the pile - if its warm, its still decomposing. After a fortnight a compost pile that hasn't had new material added but is being left to decompose will probably have white tendrils in it. A few weeks after this, it will be cool and fairly well composted. So a month or so from start to finish. A good compost pile should decompose fairly rapidly. The conventional wisdom I...
I just read up on this and its lactobacilli bacteria that produce hydrogen peroxide in the vagina and gut. Why not start using some probiotics instead? Perhaps insert a tab to encourage good bacteria growth to offset the Group B strep. This sounds much safer than using a homemade chemical prep.
Oh my, this scares me. For a start - hydrogen peroxide is very caustic. I use the Clean & Clear face wash with 5% hydrogen peroxide (the stuff Jessica Simpson markets is similiar - only it has 2% hydrogen peroxide). It literally burns zits off my face. It bleaches clothes and burns skin. I'm sure it does kill bacteria - so does bleach. If the vagina does produce H203 then it would do so in such a manner as to be naturally safe. I'm 100% sure it would be very...
I believe in trusting kids to return. It works. If I tie my DS down (which I do sometimes) he struggles and wants to "escape". If I trust in him (which I try to do often) he very often exceeds my expectations. In a dangerous situation like a carpark I would hold his hand for guidance, but because I trust him otherwise he rarely plays up, he knows that it's a special situation. People often comment, "oh look, isn't it amazing how he always looks back, he's...