or Connect

Posts by bouyant

I know the full moon and the new moon will bring on stuff like that for me - so maybe you will be lucky and it won't be so bad the whole rest of the preg.  just the couple of days every 2weeks ...
Meconium aspiration has been elusive for years, with doctors and scientists unable to predict which babies will get life threateneing MAS and which will have no side effects whatsoever.  Recently (last 5 yearsish) light has been shed on this.  If there is meconium in the water, baby will inhale it, and exhale it, as it does the water.  MAS is not instantly caused at birth because a baby inhales meconium.  Most babies that inhale it at birth, cough it back out on their...
We had a problem with my UP, they wanted some proof of her existing, like a daycare registration or something, lol.  But in the end we took what we had and said, "hey, we don't have any other proof".  They glared at us, but ultimately gave in.  The truth being, they want to have records of us.
I loved having a doula at my first UC, and would love to find one that would do it again!  It's just nice to have somebody else there.  Like if there was an emergency, someone to deal with phone people, so dh can be with me and baby.  (also, I have found that lots of people who don't know you can give birth outside a hospital, don't know what a doula is - and calm down a lot if she answers the phone, because at least someone is there who knows what she is doing,...
depends on who you find.  I thought I could hold my own, but then ran into a couple (lately) who outright refused to see me for reasons like that I hadn't gone to any appointments for so long.
I do not believe hosp. should break people's water, let alone doing something so interventive and unproven at a place (home) that isn't prepared for the consequences of interference.  Birth may not be dangerous, but it is fragile.  If stress and positioning will cause complications, I can't imagine what something like breaking your water would do. As for the question, you can break your water with your fingers or anything else...
I've never thought of using one before for a UC - I don't want to become my own midwife.  It seems to me to be checking to see if something will go wrong... Though, if I "felt" I should, I would.  UC to me is more about going with your gut, than where and how your baby is born.  So if your gut says use one - it's not really a UC to not.
2 weeks after my first up/uc, a concerned relative on the phone said that my sister said gestational diabetis runs in the family, so I should really go get checked out and make sure everything went OK. - dh and I still laugh at how she could have somehow missed the "gestation" part of gestational diabetis.   But the funniest "how" question was from the lady down the street when I was quite obviously preg. with #5, and it somehow came up that I had never taken a...
I do UC because I am very shoulder distocia prone.  I am also very dependent if I feel (even if I know otherwise) that another person can help.  Thus, if I have a doctor or midwife on hand, the shoulder distocia can get very ugly, whereas with me being the "expert", there is no other choice - so I just do it. I want to UC again, but have a long list of "warning signs" that I would seek help for in a heartbeat. I figure labor is pretty clear on when it needs...
http://freetechildrenaction.blogspot.com/ http://wwrn.org/article.php?idd=28533 The guy we need to talk to is the Commissioner, he is over this whole situation. His name is Kerry Cockerell and his direct line is (512) 438-5256, his hotline is 1-800-720-7777. Also, we were told that messages on the phone aren’t as good as a letter, since every document that comes into the office must be READ and FILED, by the commissioner himself. So everyone needs to write him a...