or Connect

Posts by lilbanditos

Thanks so much for the kind words. We did have a great date, and a good talk. I still feel sorry, but am not beating myself up like I was. Best wished to you all.
thanks so much for your support. I was writing because it was so hard to feel gentle on my self, but you are wise in your words, and I have already scheduled a date with her tomorrow morning. We will hang, and love, and honestly, that is so different from my experience as a child....
Hi there, I too have been a member of these boards since 2003, but rarely visit. I came tonight in search of some friendly advice about GD, because I lost my temper. I am also one of those Mom's that has spanked and seen it not produce the desired results (getting the ds or dd to do what I want...). I haven't spanked in some time, but anger is still an issue. I can yell and scare my children when I get pushed. Tonight this happened, and I felt so guilty, and ashamed....
I guess way to angry is relative - I yelled with a deep growl in my voice that I have never heard, scared my daughter (she told me I was like the dark side in Star Wars), still didn't get her to brush her teeth and hit a wall with my hand because I was so mad. I did not hit her, I didn't endanger anyone, but that really doesn't make me feel any better. I haven't felt like this in so long, but I would be a liar if I said it was the first time. We all calmed down and...
Thanks for all your support. It is so hard, but I know that my son (1) knows how much I love him. His sister (3) does demand more attention sometimes, but I also know there are a lot of times that she has to wait until I am done changing a diaper, or putting him down....It is a balancing act! Keep up the good fight!
Feeling a bit deflated tonight...that I feel like I can't give my 1 year old son the same attention that my three year old daughter demands. I spent so much time with her as a baby, and with him, life has just moved so fast, can't believe he is already one. Just wondering, does anyone else feel like they can't spread their love around evenly? It is there, I just want to be sure he is getting enough...I appreciate your inputs. Thanks.