or Connect

Posts by quasar

The doctor ended up putting me on some antibiotics, but didn't seem like it was a dire problem.  It's been going on over a week now, and I wish it would just resolve itself already.  She suggested to keep applying the warm compresses, and massaging the area.  She also said to try different nursing positions and when I pump to try to angle it different ways and empty the breast as much as possible.  Nursing on that side isn't bad, but pumping is horrible.  I think it's...
If you know when approximately you ovulate, you can start taking the meds about 3-5 days before then and on the day of ovulation.  The dose I've seen is 2 tsp (200mg total),  three times a day.  Again, if you're doing IUI's you don't need to take it since the sample bypasses the cervical mucus and goes directly into the uterus.   I tried looking up my chart where I used it, but I must not have written it down.
Is it possible you're feeling 'let-down'?  I know when I feel it at random times, even when not actively nursing at the time, it can feel like a tingling painful sensation or sometimes a sharp pain.  I had no idea what it was with my first son.  All I knew was that it was really uncomfortable.  with my second son, a while ago, I was feeling let-down pretty much daily, then nothing for a while, then the occasional twinge now and then.  This may be all that it is, and it's...
Thanks for the support.  No, I don't have anything like a milk blister on the nipple.  I thought things were getting better, but yesterday it seemed worse, then today it's less red, but the hard, painful area hasn't really changed in size.  Looks like I'll see if I can get in tomorrow.  I'm done trying to massage it I think.  All that seemed to do was make it worse.   It almost seems like the tissue right under the nipple is swollen or something now.  The other side is...
It's been a long time since I've checked in here (been busy with a toddler and infant and when the board switched over it made my head hurt...), but I just wanted to say congrats to all of you TTC graduates!    Wehrli, sending you some ELV's!  Come on, baby! :D
On Thursday, I noticed a small hard painful  lump in my left breast.  DS is 5 months old and this is the first time with him that I've had a blocked milk gland.  I am not running a fever or feeling sick.  I think his teething has affected his latch a little bit, causing the problem.  He is still nursing on that side and I offer that side first.  However, I started trying the whole massage method and warm compresses to break up the blockage and I'm thinking that all I'm...
We are, too.  It makes nursing so much easier and I feel more in tune with baby's needs.  It's a little difficult though with DS1 (19mos. old).  He's not used to the changes yet, and really wants to be right where the baby is.  We coslept with DS1 from day one pretty much and had just made the transition with him to a crib next to our bed recently.  Now that the baby's here, he's had a few difficult nights.  He's back in the bed with us, but doesn't seem to understand...
I chose 1-2.  My second is only 2 weeks old and my first is 19 months, so maybe it's a little early to make this decision.  With DS1, although it was tiring at first and BFing was difficult due to me being a first-timer and him having a tongue tie for the first several months, all of my time could be devoted to him.  He was an easy baby, slept well, and had a very easy going disposition.  I was just so amazed at everything he was doing and felt instantly bonded to him...
Charles Jeffrey Born- 10/29/10 Wt- 8# Length- 20.5 inches The birth story can be found here And pictures are here
With my first, I dealt with it. Unfortunately for me, we didn't have it corrected for several weeks. I faced blistered nipples and clogged ducts when nursing because he couldn't latch properly. He was gaining weight, but having trouble nursing. DP finally made the pediatrician clip the tongue. It was a quick procedure done in the office. I was a little reluctant to have it done because I was worried it would be painful for him. It only took a few seconds and he was...