or Connect

Posts by keeptryst

Here's a great pre-natal yoga routine you can try that people have said relieves their nagging back and hip pains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSFobwvQTg   An article on yoga poses during pregnancy from Mothering....downside is it's hard to visualise without pictures or videos: http://www.mothering.com/community/a/asanas-for-mamas-the-pleasure-of-prenatal-yoga   Hope this helps.
I'm squeamish watching anything disturbing related to birth/newborns during pregnancy too, so I just pulled the slider and skipped the graphic parts but watched the rest, enough to get the message.
Found this in a yahoogroup and thought it worth re-posting here:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD88c9dbiZg&feature=related   Birth Injuries - Another reason to get off your back and avoid semi-reclining birth positions. All-fours birth position provides tremendous benefit to mum and baby...releases the pressure from mum's back and gives room to the baby to make adjustments in relation to mum's body. It greatly reduces the need of pulling of baby's head at the...
tammy, thanks for pointing that out, and yes, I realized after a while that that preschool was definitely not following authentic Montessori principles, which was the main reason I pulled him out. It's unfortunate that so many places have the Montessori name but not the spirit.
Thanks Jacquelin, those are the aspects of the school I will be addressing with the director. Thanks for the clarity.
Five year old DS has been going to a Waldorf kindy for the past 10 months. I changed him to Waldorf from a very strict acedemically oriented Montessori because he was being forced to write there plus given homework (at age 4!) when he simply wasn't interested in those things.   He settled in well to Waldorf, but often remarked that he missed some of the more focussed activities at his old preschool. About 6 months ago, a couple of older boys about 6 years old joined...
Congrats pokey! So good you made it over here   I've been languishing for want of really good books to read this pregnancy. My first pregnancy I'd find some uplifting book every couple weeks or so, but this time it's been a dry stretch. Occupying myself with crocheting, taking long walks and connecting with friends.   writinglove, glad to hear you're doing the inner work - so much of life is not within our control...sometimes it comes home to me so strongly that...
Thanks for your input akind, and no, twins is not really a strong concern for me - just wondered if there was any factor that would make a scan indispensable. It appears not :) I agree with you LightForest, that a routine scan is not a high priority for a healthy woman in a normal pregnancy. IMO as a diagnostic tool to follow up a concern from a clinical exam, or certain symptoms, ultrasound could be valuable, but not as routine screening for every pregnancy.
At my doc appointment today (I'm 16 weeks), we discussed my concerns about the 20 week ultrasound - firstly the dubious safety of the technology itself, and secondly the rate of false positives I've seen my friends suffer through only to have healthy babies finally. Of course she's urging me to have the 20 week ultrasound, but is willing to be open to the fact we might decide not to go for it. She gave me all the reasons we should do it, and strongly recommended it, but...
Had my first official appointment this pregnancy today (other than the first meet-and-greet) and had my first doppler. She took quite a while to find the heartbeat and pressed down hard when she did - ouch! I did not enjoy that and was relieved when it was over. Heartbeat was a lovely 150. I think I'll be turning down doppler use in the future especially now that I can feel movement. And she flatly contradicted me when I said I could feel movement at 13 weeks - said it...