or Connect

Posts by singlemomof4

Estatically proud and happy to say: Thumb is Better!!!!! Sleeping through the night again, happy go lucky playing during the day, sad times are few and far between, everything great!!! Actually, since having the issue with not being able to suck her thumb and now being able to again, DD is not using it as often! She primarily sucks it at naptime and bedtime. This is unusual to see b/c she used to have it permanently at her cheek ready for use during the day at all...
I wonder if that might have been DD problems as well- I tried the Lansinoh first and then it just didn't seem to be doing anything at all nor quickl;y like the package claims it should (for cracked nipples pf course but still should have done wonders in this situation) So last ngiht switched to Polysporin with the bandaid and it's SOO much better since
SOOO pleased to say last night w the gauze, polysporin, tape, and bandaid over all of it stayed on and healed ALOT over night!! And! The soother we bought as a tester seemed to work very well! she mostly just lightly chewed on it as I put her to bed but in the morning; after a FULL nights sleep!!!!!!! (8:30pm-7:10am) She is in such a great mood and held her soother out to me and said "mommy I like" as she smiled and held my hand going down our stairs Now, if I...
Lansinoh is a cream for nursing mothers, completely safe for ingestion and quickly repairs cracked dry sometimes bleeding nipples. It's funny you suggested letting her suck my finger Last night what FINALLY calmed her was letting her use my pinkly as her 'thumb' LOL She won't wear gloves at all! I am going to try the gauze and tape tomorrow though and see if that helps speed painful healing. It's difficult to bandaid the sore part b/c it is the inside of her...
I have now spent over $40.00 in "aids" for DD. I have Lansinoh for gooping it up, gauze to seal in moisture during the day with medical tape over top (we're doing this all tomorrow) I have bought bottle nipples b/c I realized they would fit snuggly over her thumb and she "might" just decide it's good enough to still suck without the pain during the day while I watch her of course. This isn't working so far though, she was never on a bottle at all!! We went from stricktly...
I have since the chapped thumb became apparent and she wouldn't take it in her mouth been encouraging her to suck the right thumb. She doesn't like it, but will for short periods. I just keep on her about it though when she starts to get upset. Problem is though, I feel like a backwards parent doing it b/c most would be encouraging their child to give up the habit all together where as I am trying to encourage it! LOL Not only does it feel funny to her to try the...
I am using Lansinoh cream , reapplying it every hour. I did consider using a finger condom during day while I am watching her closley so she still has it to soothe her but then wasn't sure how happy she'd be about mommy taking it off at naptime and she may not want to try sucking it at all. This is the big problem too! I cream and keep it moist to heal all day and at nap and bedtimes I know its okay if she tried to suck it but she is scared. The crack and chapping is...
The area of her thumb is the inside part of her knuckle. The cream is not whats detering her from sucking, it's the pain and cracked skin. I considered using liquid bandaid for a brief second however then it occured to me it's similar to crazy glue and I am really not entirely sure how safe either are for little ones to have in their mouths. LOL I also considered bandaiding the thumb so when sucking she won't feel the pain through the fabric bandaids but then the...
SSHM of avid thumb sucking 2 yr old needing advice. *NO I DON'T want advice on how to get her to stop- so please if this is your view DO NOT post anything regarding it* Recently noticed my DD thumb is chapped, cracked and sometimes bleeding. She only sucks her left thumb. I'm guessing to keep her right hand available to use for everything else lol With very cold winter weather, and complete refusal to wear mittens at all! She prefers and often argues; "hand in...
Thanks for the advice. I hope it helps some, I don't know how much longer I can feel so helpless and useless and in pain