or Connect

Posts by at_the_hip

I never had meals before we had a home church...I was totally amazed that people brought me meals with births, deaths etc...what an incredible blessing!  When I am in a different stage in my life I plan to do this for others often.  There's a great place for freezer meals (including toddler meals if you need them yet) that I have bookmarked here: http://www.ringaroundtherosies.net/2012/02/freezer-cooking.html
These are a great price!  How do they fit?  I am a little overwhelmed looking at the sizes, as I usually get Bravados which fit a range of sizes...Are the lower bands stretchy?
I don't have this but have/had? (won't know if it is still there for a few weeks) a subchorionic hemmorrhage that caused heavy bleeding.  It can be so scary and my doppler is my lifesaver so that I know things are still ok.   I too hope that all goes well for you and baby!!!
  Awww I feel for you on the repairs!  We don't have much extra either and this is the first time we've had a second vehicle!  Now to save for my van (need 8 passengers) and pray that nothing goes wrong in the meantime!  LOL  I hope you are able to get yours fixed soon! As for the woman at the parade, I am so shocked!  What is wrong with people?!  I hate that about parades and have had the same worries.  What I did at that age (because I was scared of them on the street)...
This week is the first week I have felt well enough to drink water and am eating more often as well...so I have gained the weight I have lost back now (was 5-6 lbs down).  That seems like a lot in the past couple of weeks.  :S  However, by now (18w) I am usually up 15-18 lbs so I figure I have a bit of a head start.  I have to admit Halloween through me for  a bit of a loop and I'm not sure that the weight I gained back the last two weeks was healthy.  :(  I am reining...
Hi ladies...I'm just jumping in because I'm way behind!  I did see that Martha has 1 in there!  I bet I do too...I swear I worry for twins with every pg.  I think I am more worried this time because it'd mean a giant van and I don't know if I could drive it!  LOL  I had an appt last week though and the same midwife didn't comment on the twin issue this time so maybe things are slowing down a little in the uterine department.    I am finally starting to feel a little...
I really have to plan meals out because we can't afford to order in and hubby was transferred 45 min away...he's often not home until almost 11pm.  I will admit, I've been really struggling. Well this week two people  from our church have brought me meals just because they heard I was still sick.  It just made me cry...I was so floored.  I didn't ask and we haven't been able to make it to church much lately but they did it anyway and I was so blessed this week. 
internally, take acidophilus capsules.   externally use witch hazel.  the cheapest way to purchase is by the bottle, next to the hydrogen peroxide.  Tucks pads work and are convenient but much more expensive.  it will burn  a bit just at first but it will relieve the irritation right away.  it works better than anything i have found (also great postpartum, for mosquito bites, and acne!).
PS - I use babyfit to keep track...you put in your pre-pg weight and it gives you a calorie range through your pg and you can track your daily calories.  They have you at a lower level during your first trimester, and then you move to the upper range for the rest of your pg, which should have you gaining around ..5-1 lb a week on average.   There's also a great calculator to give you an idea of how many calories you need per trimester...
The weight gain issue is a hard one...I am with you ladies.  I have gained way more than average with all of my previous pregnancies.  When I am not pg I have a very high metabolism but once I am pg I can't LOOK at a donut without gaining a lb!!  LOL    This time around I've been really sick which is part of it but the biggest change has been monitoring my calorie intake.  That is what made the biggest difference this time around.  Every other time i'd be up at LEAST...