or Connect

Posts by ocelotmom

I think we're going with the Beco Gemini - I've had one baby who insisted on being outward facing, so I like that feature.
Bumping for the third trimester!   I think I'm starting to feel a little nesty. I have a dresser sitting next to me that is currently a random-stuff-holder, and I'm thinking about clearing that out and sticking baby stuff in it.    Also trying to figure out which carrier I want to get. I really really want an SSC that puts most of the weight on the hips this time (actually, I've wanted one with all three previous kids, so this is probably my last chance!), but I'm a...
Can you believe that the furthest along of us are entering the third trimester now?    I haven't been having pubic bone pain, but can feel the bones shifting around, both in front and back, when I walk. It doesn't hurt, but it feels disturbing! With my first pregnancy I had pubic bone pain; with my last it was all sacroiliac joint (in the back), and I think that's going to be more the problem this time, too.   I still apparently don't look pregnant. I worked half the...
My work schedule has kept me horribly busy since the holidays, and we haven't been on our normal local thrift store circuit at all. Yesterday I found myself across the street from one of my favorites, and the lady commented that she hadn't seen us for a while. I guess that's an indication of how often we were going before! Found a hotsling for $3 which may or may not work for me - while I'm within the height/weight range for that size, I'm at the upper end of both, so a...
If it helps anyone feel better, I was reading in my nutrition textbook today, and it said that for women gaining equal amounts of weight, those who gained more of it in the second trimester had better fetal outcomes. Isn't that cool?
I took Advil after my last birth and it worked really well. Too well, actually. I think I overdid it because I felt better than I really was. But it definitely helped. And yeah, they get worse each time. None with my first, one horrible 45 minute long one with my second, and lots with my third. So I'll have to find a balance this time. When leg cramps start, I take magnesium supplements the next night, and that seems to keep them from getting worse. I suppose I could...
If he's not the type to read a whole book, the birth partner chapter in Birthing From Within is succinct and good.
I'm not now, but will be in a few months, and have had excess lipase problems in the past.
I agree about convertibles for newborns. We had a Britax convertible seat with my first, and it was great, but not for the first month or so. Maybe it was perfectly safe, but he just looked so little and floppy in it!   This time, we already have a kid in a convertible and a kid in a booster, both less than two years old. When the baby is ready to move out of a bucket seat, the currently-3 year old will be ready to move from convertible to booster, and the current-7 year...
Getting really tired of this round ligament pain business. I didn't have any at all with my first, but it's gotten progressively worse with each one. The last few days it seems to be every time I change position suddenly.