or Connect

Posts by Katica

I hope all is well with the OP. I have an extremely irritable uterus. I have three beautiful kids all carried to term so the contractions did not start preterm labor. However, I could not stay on my feet for more than a few mins or the contractions would start and not let up. I felt constant hardening of my abdomen. I also had spotting/bleeding throughout the second trimester with both DD1 and DD2. The bleeding was unexplained and I think it was somehow connected to the...
I don`t have much time to write right now but I thought I`d send you a helpful link about infant poops. It is my understanding that breastfed infants can go up to a week without a bowel movement and it`s still not considered constipation unless they are in obvious pain. I`m not sure if this applies at all just food for though. http://www.babycareadvice.com/babycare/general_help/article.php?id=48 I`ll be back, Hope you get some answers from the doctor.
Big hugs and I hope you get answers for your little son`s stomach issues. The first few weeks my son was constantly fussy unless I was holding/nursing him. Granted he wasn`t in pain but it still was very difficult. I cannot imagine having to watch your little baby suffer so much.  With all of that going on you really don`t need to feel guilty about formula if that is what soothes him. However, it sounds like even with the soy formula he is still in pain. A lot of babies...
I have three wonderful kids: a 7-year-old DS, 4-year-old DD and another DD who is just a year and a half. A few days ago DS started running a moderate fever and had a mild cough. Simple cold, I thought, but it turned out to be the flu. Now the girls are sick as well. The pedi gave them flu meds as well as antibiotics. I really don`t know if the antibiotics are necessary. Especially that DD1 has already developed a resistance to one kind of antibiotic. I have to go back...
 I`m so glad you say this. I`m not trying to rule out meds just exploring other options first. I want what`s best for him and if medication would make him feel in control then we`ll go with it. It`s awesome that your DD could verbalize her feelings so well. She sounds like a very sensitive, bright little lady Definitely will get him evaluated first and see what the docs will say.
Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I admit I`m pretty ignorant in the subject, that`s why I ignored a lot of red flags so far. He always seemed like a regular kid with a hyper personality.   @forestmushroom--I checked and they do not sell this same supplement here in Japan. I might be able to find a similar kind, though. Thank you for the suggestion. You`ve really given me food for thought about him feeling normal. He`s never said it out loud but maybe he`s...
I have a wonderful, sensitive, bright 7-year-old who is in first grade. He`s always been a busy child, running and not paying much attention to what you say. We`ve just figured it`s his personality, for us it was pretty normal. Now, however we are running into problems at his school. They have 30 kids in his class so I cannot expect his teacher to be always dealing with him. At our last teacher-parent meeting his teacher told me that my son was speaking out of turn,...
I`m so sorry your son has a cavity.   My son has had numerous root canals starting from age 3. He has horrible teeth and even today his fillings randomly fall out. He had to have root canals because he was in a lot of pain from these teeth.   He is vaccinated and he`d had antibiotics before but I don`t remember getting antibiotics after fixing his teeth. I know it sounds painful to fix it but maybe it is the best option. I remember trying all sorts of things to...
Imagine your favorite cake with all your favorite toppings on it. Then try to NOT focus on the cake. Try as hard as you may you`ll thoughts will come straight back to it. Focus on your husband. Spend time with him. Go to your favorite places together. Be active in restoring your relationship with your DH and the other guy will be gone in no time. Texting him is IMO playing with fire. And that usually doesn`t end well. Best wishes.