or Connect

Posts by Katica

I`m sorry, this sounds really tough. How heavy is he? Can you wear him in a baby carrier? What I would try is putting him on your back with a little teething toy and just move gently around in a dark room. It usually helps my kids to fall back asleep. Maybe he is going through a growth spurt or is working on a new skill. That keeps them up at night. You can try the crib but I believe introducing something new at this point would only upset him more. Big hugs
break
Pumpkin
Yes, that is what I think as well. Antibiotics don`t work for viruses. I used to have an amazing ped before our move in February. We are relatively new to this place and the two places I`ve gone to basically give out antibiotics for most everything. Here in Japan people use Chinese herbs a lot maybe that would work better for my daughter. Today she is much better although still coughing and still has a runny nose. Good news is they all love the new fish oil supplement so...
Thank you Alenushka and Dalia for your reply. Thankfully, her fever is gone and the cough is not so bad. She`s been better and then suddenly gets worse so I`m holding my breath here.   Immunologist? What sort of tests would they run?  If the situation doesn`t improve I will do that. Or at least, take her to a bigger hospital. We`ve been going to a local ped and while he is very good his standard answer to everything is antibiotics.   Vitamin D sounds very good. I just...
Thank you so much for your reply. I have thought about fish oil before just haven`t tried it yet. I will give Cod Liver oil a try. I  do give her fever meds because she has febrile seizures and it scares me when her fever shoots high.
I have hemorrhoids as well so I can relate. Constipation is an issue for me as well. what really helps for me is a balanced diet with lots of fiber and fluids. When all else fails I use a mild stool softener but it usually just gives me diarrhea and not the desired long-term results. Prune juice works wonders and lots of walking, moving around. I saw a TV show that talked about a certain exercise that`s supposed to relieve constipation but I have not been able to find...
DD1 (who will be 4 years old this month) has been sick a lot lately. Starting this year, she`s been sick almost every month. It usually starts out with typical cold symptoms but it takes her a long time to get well even with meds from the doctor. She had pnemonia in June and it took two kinds of antibiotics to cure her. She`s been on antibiotics too many times this year for this or that. Just last week she got abx from the doctor for a badly infected bug bite that caused...
Hi Vixentia and welcome Congratulations on your baby daugther but I`m sorry you are going through such a hard time. I`m a mother of three and I`m no stranger to anxiety/depression. I`ve had panic attacks for nearly half of my life and have a fare share of paranoia as well. My youngest one of 15 months old and I check on her constantly touching her little tummy to see if she is breathing. My only advice is to NOT wait for others to understand your feelings. Other people...
A faint positive is a positive. As for the negative test, it might not be as sensitive. Did you use the same brand?   Pink spotting can be very normal. I hope you are pregnant!