or Connect

Posts by Katica

I grew up in Eastern Europe. Mom didn`t have any milk so she gave me cows milk mixed with russian tea (black tea) until someone told her to stop and give me formula. Remarkably I have no allergies and am as strong as it gets. My aging, alcoholic Grandpa used to babysit me when I was about 2 years old while Mom worked. Mom would sometimes find me with suspiciously red cheeks. Yes, he`d been giving me wine. I do believe I turned out OK though:)
As the title says I have a 5 (almost 6 months old) baby and her Dad had multiple allergies as a child. She has no eczema, not fussy (other than at nursing time) and sleeps OK. She has mucusy stools and refuses to nurse most of the time. She only nurses lying down while drowsy. This has been going on for almost 4 months now. She is gaining weight although she is leaner than my older two were at her age.  I`ve never had a baby who refuses to nurse this much. I`ve been...
My baby only nurses when  lying down drowsy or alseep. She is now 5 months old and has been doing this for the past 3 months. It`s exhausting and I`m sorry you are going through it. Here is what I do: I nurse her while she is sleepy. If she is hungry and crying I rock her until she is half asleep and then nurse. If she sleeps for longer stretches I nurse her just when she is about to wake up  (but before fully awake).  Try being as relaxed as possible. Babies can...
Wow, sorry I`ve been away and very pleasantly surprised to see all the responses. Thank you all for your encouragement and great ideas. So far all has been OK.  Our plane ride got cancelled so we took the bullet train (we live in Japan) and she DID nurse a little on the way. Enough to last her until we got here and I could lay down with her. Of course, you are all right, there is no guarantee that she`ll take a bottle. She`s never had a bottle, EBF no solids. It just...
Oops. I meant to say that for the past month a a half she`s been this way..  
Let me say, I`m very blessed to have my three happy, healthy kids. The youngest one is just 4 months old and for the past 3 and a half months she`s been refusing to nurse except lying down. Forget nursing in public or nursing with my other kids around. Strictly in bed and she`ll chew on her hands endlessly but refuse to nurse otherwise. We are taking a much-needed family trip starting tomorrow. We need to take a short flight then the train...etc. We`ll be out for a...
Poor little girl!! I`m surprised your doctor didn`t check her nose or throat. Always listen to your heart in that matter. If you think she needs to be seen by a doctor or she has difficulty breathing you need to take her to the doctor. At 1 month my baby was also congested and it lasted for a couple of weeks too. What helped us was making the air moist in her room. Run a humidifier in her room and stand in the shower room with her after a nice, steamy shower. This...
We have three kids, the youngest is 3 months old. Never used a paci, had one just in case, but after a day or too they spat it out. Mommy is much better, you know? No need for them, just wear your little girl and she`ll be happy as can be.
We are quite a mix here as well. We live in Japan. My husband is Japanese, I am Hungarian and we speak a mix of three languages : English, (I don`t know Japanese well enough), Japanese and Hungarian. Needless to say, I am the only one who even speaks to my kids in Hungarian. I`m very strict about it though: with momma only Hungarian. If my son (he is 6 yrs) answers in Japanese and ask him to repeat the same thing in Hungarian (and help him if he doesn`t remember the...
1st and 3rd baby my water broke when I was pushing, but with my second labor started after my water broke. So, yeah..it varies.