or Connect

Posts by sahmmie

It sounds like it could be reflux. I had two babies with reflux and both developed a feeding aversion. My dd would only eat if tightly swaddled and walked while I held the bottle in her mouth. My ds flatly refused both nursing and the bottle so I had to resort to spoon feeding him. Is your son still taking reflux meds? (Zantac). Zantac did not work for my dd. My son finally got relief with Prevacid, but sadly his feeding aversion was entrenched by that time so I had to...
chevy974, Do you mean, Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar? I think I tried that once and it was very painful. I didn't stick with it long enough to see if it would work.   OP, My warts just suddenly disappeared, after three years, so I think watchful waiting is an option. For the most part my warts were painless but there were times when they started to hurt, usually when I was spending too much time barefoot. It seemed that keeping them covered helped eliminate the pain. Most...
We use this recipe. We use almond milk instead of buttermilk, and I've even made them with just water and they turned out fine. Instead of melted butter you could use melted margarine or any kind of oil. I don't use the egg and they still turn out fine. I've never had any problem with them sticking and they turn out fluffy and delicious. Some kind of sweetener is essential though. They taste like cardboard otherwise.          Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe Prep time: 5...
I forgot to add that I did read on a website recently that you can overdose on probiotics, so maybe the lower dose would be better for her. I was reading about c. boullardi for treatment of c-diff and there was mention of the fact that too much can cause overgrowth of this good bacteria in the bowel.
Your welcome. That makes perfect sense to me. I remember reading that probiotics do in fact work both ways; they help stop diarrhea and they stop constipation as well. 
Sage is a such beautiful name!   Constipation and diarrhea are both the most common side effects of antibiotics, and even if it didn't have that effect before, I still wouldn't be surprised if it did this time. Or perhaps it could have been one of the other ingredients in the adult probiotic.    Glad she's doing better now. Wish I could be of more help, but I just wanted to chime in and tell you how much I love your dd's name and that I hope she's feeling better.
Babies naturally have shorter sleep cycles than adults (40 minutes of deep sleep followed by periods of lighter sleep is very common) and so they will often stir shortly after falling asleep, and many more times during the night. If you pick him up and feed him and bring him back to bed with you, he will want that every time he comes to light sleep, all night long. The trick is not to just get them to fall asleep the first time (thought that does help) but to help them...
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at their mattresses and they look pretty good. 
She may be overtired when you start the bedtime routine (not that two month old babies need a scheduled bedtime). It may work to start being very quiet, soothing, etc with her an hour or more before you think she's tired because a baby who is not overtired is easier to soothe and falls asleep more easily as well. For instance, I remember with my babies that anytime after 6 pm I'd feed them in a darkened room, keep the tv off or very low, avoid stimulating them too much,...
I don't think what you are doing is as bad as CIO. I used a similar method to help my babies learn to fall asleep in their own beds. I would stay with them, or return to their room and pat them and soothe them as many times as it took for them to fall asleep in their beds. Some nights it took a very long time, but it was worth it because they all learned to fall asleep alone in their own beds and they were all great sleepers. I did not pick them up though. Once they had...