or Connect

Posts by thinkingcapp

My experience with felting is "Whatever works!" Depending on how tight you want the balls... you should agitate, roll and work them with your hands for a good while. I would try to get as much soap out as you can. One thing I do is throw everything in to a zipable pillowcase and then run it though the washer with or without soap. You can also do the same thing (pillowcase) with the dryer. You have to remember that felting is like a mystical artform... you never get the...
I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread... but the title caught my eye. I just want to jump in and say please get the best help you can... in my case I am blessed that it is one of the leading neurologists in the country specializing in headaches, Dr. William Young. He practices at the Jefferson Headache Center in Philadelphia, PA. I had been misdiagnosed years ago with allergies and sinusitus and had chronic headaches... bouts of which would sometimes last a...
Ohhhhh... I love this pattern! I blew it up to fit my baby when he was 10 months old... I will tell you, though, I had to remake it a few times because of the way it fit under the arms... it was a bit tight... perhaps with a stretchy fabric this wouldn't be an issue, but, of course, I started out by making him a courderoy coat version! I liked it so much I made a matching one for me (mine came out a little too 'out there' for my tastes... I didn't have a pattern and was...
My pediatrician told me that babies need two naps until around 18 months... having said that, whenever ds is about to have a big developmental leap of some sort, his nap schedule gets all discombobulated... he went through periods where his naps would be 15 minutes... and then a few days later he'd be back around the hour mark.
I just wanted to chime in and say you aren't crazy. At first I was fine taking Jack out after he was born, but when he was about two weeks old it just became too much. For me it wasn't the germs or people wanting to touch him (he was in a fleece sling whenever we were in public... I think half the time people didn't even realize I was wearing a baby!) but instead the sheer effort and thought every trip took. I used to joke it was like mobilizing an army... all of the...
I've found an excellent online remedy finder... you type in the symptoms and it asks you all sorts of questions to finally get to a remedy... here it is: http://www.abchomeopathy.com/ Hope it helps!
I hardly watch TV anymore... perhaps one hour every 4 days at night after DS is asleep... but I've been noticing that my internet habit (like the MDC board) is taking over the time I used to watch TV. I think the main reason for DH and me not wanting DS to watch TV is simple: childhood is a short time... there will be plenty of time later for DS to watch TV if he wishes... but only so much time to be lost in your imagination without the images of TV mixed in. I hope...
Thank you, Evan&Anna's_Mom, for saying what I was thinking while reading this thread. I adore kids... I used to work for a toy company and am a kid person through and through. I wanted to invite kids to my wedding, my mother did not. I had a huge, formal wedding that my parents paid for and there were certain things that I had to 'give in' on and kids was one of them. The main reason my mom gave was cost, because the caterer charged something like $25 for a kids meal... ...
I am convinced now that it was a bite of some sort... or perhaps he was grazing his teeth over that spot. I've been using pure-lan on it and that has helped a great deal. The only time Jack ever bites me while nursing has been when he was teething... that's been true since the first tooth. The day after the sore spot appeared, he refused to nurse for the better part of the day... that also clued me in to the fact that it must be painful. Poor guy! Hope your sore spot is...
In the past two days, I've developed a sore spot on my left areola where it meets the nipple. It has the characteristic of what a scrape might look like... and it hurts when I nurse my 13 month old. I don't think it is thrush... I had that around Christmas and it is a different sort of pain. My ds is working on upper molars... do you think perhaps he's changed his latch to lessen the pain? He's refused to nurse on the right side the past few days... and I was thinking it...