or Connect

Posts by lcstrite

I found one page that talks about the frequency and intensity of several kinds of ultrasound: http://www.birth.com.au/Info.asp?class=6610%20&page=1# Handheld doppler "tends to use lower intensities than 'diagnostic' abdominal and vaginal ultrasounds but has continuous sound waves, like 'Doppler' ultrasound". It also explains on a further page (if you hit next a few times) that higher frequencies of ultrasound (as in sound wave frequencies) can produce increases in...
I don't know that I can help, but we're having the same problem so I can commiserate! Mine is 3yr 3mo and was not quite as completely trained as yours, but hadn't had a poop accident in several months. He was doing ok with pee, but inconsistent. Now, for the past week, he never tells me he has to pee, just goes right in his underwear and then tells me. He has pooped his pants a couple times also. As long as I tell him to go potty every couple hours, the accidents are...
Hmm, I'm not sure. I usually can't tell when he's going to pee, except occasionally he'll say he feels cold and moments later pee his pants. I could always tell before he was going to poop and rush him to the bathroom. But he's pretty good now about realizing that himself. Before he had the poop part down he actually would tell us when he had to pee sometimes, which is the strange part. As long as I remind him maybe every two hours to go pee, he can do that and pretty...
Hi, My son turned 3 a couple months ago. Around his BD, he had pretty much learned to do all his poop in the potty. He has no problem peeing in the potty when I prompt him to go, but if I don't remind him, he will wet his pants the majority of the time. We have been working on potty training since he was 2.5, so he has plenty of experience using the toilet, he loves to "pee like daddy" (standing up), but he just very rarely actually tells me he needs to go. I find...
I have a chart indicating when children usually can produce different sounds. The 2nd column gives the age when 50% of children can make the sound, the 3rd column is the age when 90% of children can make the sound. 50%90% b1.53 h1.53 m1.53 n1.53 p1.53 w1.53 d24 g24 k24 t24 ng24 f2.54 y2.54 l36 s36 r37 ch3.57 sh3.57 z3.58 j47 v48 th4.57 zh5.58 So, there are definitely several there that would be considered very normal for your 3.5 y.o. to have...
My son is just over 3 and he likes: -cranium cariboo- this is a great game for 2 year olds, as is -memory- you can modify the game by only using some of the cards, or after a card has been turned up leave it up so it's not as much memory as matching -guess who- needs someone to tell him the person's name before he starts, then he spells out the name he wants to guess -card games- go fish, uno, war (again just using a subset of the deck) He also likes playing with...
Hi! I am looking for a baby memory book for my next baby due in august. With my DS who is 3, we got a Peter Rabbit themed book that is loose leaf. I like that style because you can add in your own pages. I don't do much scrapbooking in general but I did a few pages to add to his book. That book is made by CR Gibson. The only thing I didn't like about it was it had placed for a lot of things that were just weird like "prenatal testing", "amniocentesis results"! Not...
Hi! So I've seen the Bella Band and other versions of the same kind of thing. http://www.ingridandisabel.com/ But $25 seems a bit steep. Does anyone know how to make one? I can sew, but just barely Thanks, Lisa
Hi! With my first we used only disposables. I'm considering using cloth at least some of the time with my next who is due in august. I don't really know anyone who uses cloth so I'm still trying to understand the logistics of it With my son, we had a changing table and diaper champ in his room and I only needed to go into the bathroom after I was done changing him to wash my hands. How does with work with cloth, do I need to set up a changing station actually in the...
Hi! I have a three year old and we're having another baby due in august. With my son, we let him chew on whatever toys he got his hands on. Now I know that certain plastics leach chemicals out of them, and we've had a boatload of thomas toys recalled for lead paint. Does anyone have any recommendations of specific toys, or what materials they should be made of that would be safest for little ones to put in their mouths so we can do a better job with this the second...