or Connect

Posts by Georgetown HB Mom

Quote: Originally Posted by AustinMom I understand your sincerity to the Original Poster, and how you do have good intentions, but IMO, I don't see how a Dr can't "let" you go into labor, it's not like if you schedule a cs, and don't show up at the hospital, they are going to come knocking on your door with a scalpel. On the other had, why not just not schedule one and show up in labor. Problem solved. I totally agree with AustinMom. There...
We live just west of Georgetown which is about 25 miles north of downtown Austin. We have almost 4 acres. We currently have donkeys but are looking into getting chickens next summer. Our neighborhood is called Whitetail estates. I think there are a couple of homes for sale right now. We love it out here. Lisa
I live in Georgetown and I am looking for recommendations for a good photographer for maternity photos. Willing to drive to Round Rock, Austin, etc. Please send me your reviews, what you paid, how far along you were when you had photo's done etc. Thanks! Lisa
We have 2 daughters already. Hollie and Haylie. This baby will be an H name too. Don't know if baby will be a boy or a girl. We have tossed around a few names but none that I just love yet. Hollie really wants the name to be Heidi or Henry since that ends in the same sound as Hollie and Haylie. I am not crazy about either one of those names. Other names we have been tossing around are: Girl- Harper, Henley (Do you think Henley sounds like a girl or boy name or...
My husband and I are in the same boat as you. We are both self-employed and make good money but regular insurance is out of reach due to cost. We are pregnant with our third. Our children are born at home with a midwife. Cost about 2000.00. If for some reason a transfer should occur to a hospital we will have to set up a payment plan with them. Lisa
The best thing to tell anyone that you don't want present is: "I am sorry but I am only inviting the people that were present when the baby was conceived." This usually shuts them up. Lisa
Quote: Originally Posted by Cherie2 One thing I would add, is I would tell your dd as much as you think is appropriate for her - this is her uncle and at 13 I would expect to know why my unlcle was suddenly cut out of my life. Honesty and transparancy can go a very long way I have told her as much as I think she could handle without going into all the sorted details. She does know why we do not see him anymore. She knows he has hurt me and her...
Quote: Originally Posted by Maluhia You did the right thing. You are her parent, you've told her what she can emotionally handle. You are protecting her space, her childhood from his drama. I'd send him a certified letter telling him not to contact your child without your permission, return reciept. That way, he knows you are serious. Thank you for your response. I would love to send him a certified letter however he moved three hours away...
I use to be very close to my brother. He was one of my best friends. And he has been in my daughter's life since she was born. Then 2 years ago my brother changed. He started acting very controlling and saying some very hurtful things to me. He got married about a year ago and has not changed. He continues to do hurtful things to my mother and to me. So around the time he got married I decided I would not stand for it anymore and pretty much ended our relationship after a...
I had a bizarre dream last night about my baby. It was born early and had all of its teeth but they were crooked and the baby was ugly. I was holding the baby in the dream and looking at it thinking I don't want anyone to come and see this baby because it is so ugly. And then I felt guilty. The baby was also a boy and I already have two girls and I am kind of hoping this baby is a girl too. Why would I have such a bizarre dream? Anyone else? Lisa