or Connect

Posts by Georgetown HB Mom

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I am dealing with something similiar. I lost my 4th daughter last April. She was stillborn. This pregnancy was not planned and very unexpected. When my DH told my MIL yesterday that I am pregnant her first words were, "well, maybe this one is a boy." We have had all girls. Are you freaking kidding me? She always does this with every pregnancy but this time it is really, really annoying and rude. After what we just went through how can...
You have the right to refuse anything you don't want. When you get to the hospital if you don't want an IV just tell them no you do not consent to an IV. They can give you their, well this is our policy, crap. You then tell them that you will not be grouped underneath their umbrella policy and you will sign any refusal form they bring you. Make them get your consent every time they want to do something. You are an adult, paying for a service. If you don't want a...
Hi,   First of all I am so sorry for your loss. No mother should ever have to endure losing a baby, no matter at what stage of life it was in. I am lurking here from the April DDC. I am due early April with my fifth baby. My first three were very healthy pregnancies. Not one single problem. Born at home etc. I became pregnant with my fourth baby last October. Everything was going along find. I went in for my 20 week appointment and my midwife could not find the heartbeat....
Awwww...Thank you for your kind words.
"I'll be honest, I really don't think 12 hours before my EDD makes that much of a difference. We know the EXACT date of conception so we KNOW the dates were right, kwim? My daughter went into distress because the birth canal was too small. Yes, inductions commonly lead into sections there's no denying that. However, my mother and grandmothers had similar problems for similar reasons and I have other body parts (jaw bones) that smaller than the average adult so it...
Right here with you. I had three beautiful healthy daughters. Perfect pregnancies, great births at home. Then my 4th pregnancy came. Everything was going along fine until my 20 week appointment. My midwife could not find a heartbeat. We did an ultrasound, my first one since my very first baby. We saw that my daughter was gone. With the blessings of my midwifes back up OB we went home and waited for her to be born. She came two weeks later. I never thought in a million...
Hi,   I'm a lurker from the April DDC. I'm pregnant with my fifth baby. Why quit your coffee? I have drank caffeine through all of my pregnancies and everything has been fine. Studies have shown that a little caffeine is fine. Two cups a week is perfectly ok. I think they say you can actually have one cup a day and be just fine.
I have four girls. Pregnant with our fifth baby. Our fourth girl was a stillborn. Already I have gotten the boy comments. Really??? After what we just went through? It literally makes my stomach turn when someone says this baby must be the boy, we have to have a boy, my husband "needs" a boy, etc. After my third was born I called one of my friends to tell her that we had another beautiful baby girl. She actually asked me if my husband was disappointed. When I said, no why...
We have all H names. Hollie, Haylie, Heidi, Hannah. For this one if it is a girl I really like the name Henley. If its a boy my oldest is insisting that we name him Henry. Not crazy about that name. I really like Harrison or Hayden.
I have four girls. All of mine had heart rates over 150.