or Connect

Posts by Georgetown HB Mom

Quote: Originally Posted by rhiOrion The only place I've seen say that they should double by four months is kellymom. I'm sure some other places say it, too, though. But I've seen other places say six months, which seems more plausible, to me. My DD was 7-9 at birth and was 13-5 at her 4 month appointment. She's gone down a bit in percentiles, though not a whoooole lot. But I know she's getting milk. I think the fact that your DD is meeting...
Quote: Originally Posted by PatioGardener Did you see how she's doing on the WHO curves? I have a 4 month old, so don't tust my math!!! Are you guys cosleeping? How often is she nursing during the day? Yes, you were correct. We do not co-sleep all night. I put her in the cradle next to my bed around midnight. She sleeps until around 5-6 am and then I bring her to bed with me. She will nurse on and off for a couple of hours and then sleep...
So how do I know if she is not getting enough milk? I think I am producing enough. She has soaking wet diapers, a poopy diaper once a day or once every other day. In the mornings I am over flowing with milk. And then throughout the day I am not as full but if she pulls off during nursing there is milk coming out. She has never seen a doctor because I think well baby checks are dumb unless something seems out of place. Would ya'll suggest I take her in or just keep weighing...
I have the lily padz and I have worn them quite a bit. No problem's with mastitis. They work really well. The only issue I had and this happened only once was, one corner came loose and I guess the pressure had built up and the milk squirted out and hit me in the eye. Nothing like having your own breast milk hit you in the eye. Lisa
So, everything I have ever read says that by the time a baby is 4 months they have doubled their birth weight. My baby was born April 16th. She weighed 7lbs 15oz. Weighed her today and she is 11 lbs 13oz. Looked it up and she is in the 2nd percentile for her weight. So, I know if she saw a doctor right now they would badger me about her being underweight. I breastfeed her on demand and she gets a small bowl of cereal when we are having dinner because she was showing strong...
My daughter's dance teacher had twins at 24 weeks. One was a boy. She has a blog for them and I have been reading the updates. They are doing well now and set to come home on Saturday, after the boy is circumcised. This poor baby has been poked and prodded since he took his first breath, not to mention went through a heart surgery and will come home with a feeding tube. Has he not been through enough? I don't have boys, I have three girls, but DH and I decided before our...
Three weeks ago my left breast had a clogged duct. It was very painful. It did resolve after about 24 hours. Last weekend it happened again and once again resolved after 24 hours. Today, it is clogged again. Ugg. Why does this keep happening. I nurse my daughter on that side but it is so painful. The other side does not hurt at all. Even during the week when it is not clogged it is still somewhat sore. What could be causing this? My daughter is 3 months old. Thanks, Lisa
Quote: Originally Posted by teachermom I think that melanie henderson charges around 2200. she is in north austin but does births everywhere. she is doing most monthly visits in her clients homes now. most midwives will work out a payment plan with you. her number is 331.8121 Melanie has increased her price to $2800.00, plus extra for labs. Lisa
Heidi rolled over from back to front at 3 weeks old and has now started rolling from front to back. My second daughter progressed very early too. She was crawling up our stairs at 5 months, standing at 6 months and took her first steps at 7 months so I totally expect Heidi to be mobile quickly. Lisa
My baby is 9 weeks old. She has grown 2 inches since birth. Not sure what her weight is right now but a couple of weeks ago she weighed a little over 10lbs. She was 7.15 at birth. For a few weeks my breasts felt full a lot of the time and I would leak a lot during the day especially in the morning. Now in the morning they will feel pretty full and they will leak a little but not like they use to. As the day progresses they feel pretty soft and by the end of the day they...