or Connect

Posts by Baby_Cakes

Oh no I hope today has been better!   I'm kind of tired of this hormone ride.  I'm thinking about trying that pill that gives you 4 periods a year.  I can always stop taking it if I feel off.  But b/w the PMS mood swings, AF, and O,  I'm not a good mom or wife right now.  Sigh.  I talked to chris about it and I'm going to stew on it a bit and see how I feel.  I never thought I would consider hormone bc again.  
  No you really aren't.  She's seriously having these deep thoughts and wanting to discuss them.  It's like little adult conversations.  She keeps digging and wanting more info and then gives me her own opinions on things.     You're right she's in private school.  I see what you're saying about public doing anything holiday related.  I never thought about it that way IRT secular celebrations.  Hmm.  Food for thought.     I understand what you're saying.  I think I agree....
No I get it.  You're right.  The 1st explanation is the one that sticks with them.  Which is why I'm tryng to choose my words and criticisms carefully right now with these talks. 
good point Lyterae.  When she brings it up we do talk.  Maybe I wasn't clear.  I meant bring it up on my own as a lesson or something, not just discuss as matter of factly.     MW - well, we have a church at the end of our street that we pass often, and we play in the field.  So she sees ppl come and go all the time so that's where that came from.   And we do secular easter so I'm ok with her doing easter at school.  We do the bunny and the baskets.   I hear you...
Oh exciting lyterae!  Sending sticky vibes!!  Idk if you do u/s, but we waited until the first u/s with N (so around 8 weeks?) to tell family.  With Finn we waited until 6 weeks only (and I had only heard the hb once) b/c I was outed on thanksgiving for not drinking wine.  It's such a personal decision.  You know Becca best.  You know yourself best.  You can just feel it out and make that decision when it feels right for you.  There is no right answer.   re:religion...
I must have missed this!  You let him join!  Wow!  I'll be interested to see how this plays out.     That's also a good point.  I forget that not everyone does XYZ.  Not every kid goes to pre-k, watches TV, goes on educational outings, speaks two languages.  It's all just part and parcel.  You just have to do what you can, expose them to what you want to, and try not to get bogged down by the details.   question for y'all who aren't religious.  I don't really...
HUGS Lauri!! I want to say first of all I HEAR you b/c it's so tough to hear that other kids the same age are doing this or that.  It's hard not to compare.  And you have extra concerns most parents DONT have. I'm inclined as well to say don't worry, she'll get there in her own time, but I also respect the concern you have that something is up/not quite right.   Even so she is amazing.  She does things other kids her age DON'T.  Are they all potty trained?  Are they...
still mobile only!! reading along but can't really respond. miss you guys! new laptop is on it's way!
We are planning on doing Sesame Place this summer!  Maybe we can plan to go around the same time!?  Tho it's not that much of a drive for us, we'll stay somewhere overnight, prob a long weekend.     I hope Finn is better at staying close.  He is testing my anti-harness stance every time he freaking runs off!!  I lost him at target, he ran out the front doors.  I lost him at school, he just bolted and ran.  He runs off on every walk.  At stores he just takes off with...
JJ that all sounds super irritating and tough.  You might never know why they are being jerks.  The only thing you can do is continue living life and not let it bother you.  You can't control anyone else - but you can control your response.  Leave them to their own nonsense.  If they can't be bothered to see you, see Ten, their loss.  Hugs.  It's hard, regardless.   Come on baby Theo!!  Mama wants to meet you!!!         I feel the same way when C leaves for a long trip....