or Connect

Posts by MnMtm

For us, my DS only wants me when he's sick, so I've always done the full dut of taking care of him. He loves to play and roughhouse with dad, but when he's sick, or if he's gotten hurt, he only wants mom.
I was convinced that I was going to go late with this one until the other night. I've been getting lots of BH for months now, so that didn't have me worried. However, I've been picking up a ton of extra shifts to try to save up money so that we can still pay our bills while I'm out on maternity leave for two months. I had two hours left of my shift, and had worked 40 hours in the past 3 days, most of which was on my feet. My BH started feeling more intense. Instead of...
Personally, I wouldn't care if DH went on a business trip right now for a few weeks. Once I got to 37 weeks, maybe as early as 36, I would want him to stay put. However, DH and I have a very stable, and supportive relationship, so we don't have the other issues that you are facing. It is nice that your DP is supporting you financially. I think that sometimes people forget or don't realize what a big contribution this is, especially as it allows you to spend more time...
I still have absolutley everything still on my to-do list. Do to some financial issues, we have had to push back moving. We will now most likely be moving the first week on March. I can't get our baby stuff, or stuff for our homebirth, out and ready until then. Not to mention actually getting my house all settled in so that it will actually be comfortable to labor in, until we are all moved in. Plus, since I am our sole income currently, I'm trying to pick up as many...
I guess I was ssuming in my post that most everyone on here has a spouse, a partner, or labor support person of some sort that could help with the setting up of evrything once labor starts. Speaking from my own experience, when I went into labor with my son, we immediately starting getting everything ready, including the pool, and even then, a lot of it could/ should have waited until I was further along in labor. I know that there are those women who have 2 hour labors,...
I wouldn't bother getting those things ready until you are actually in labor already. Most first time moms are in labor for a long, long time. Even short labors still give you a few to several hours to get those things ready. I mean, I would have the stuff all together somewhere, ready to be pulled out, but I wouldn't bother with actually getting it set up until early labor.
I've found that when I think about my baby, or feel the baby move, I picture a little blond haired baby boy. We don't know the gender, and have had no ultrasounds. I will be really interested to see if this baby is actually the way that I picture or not. Does anyone else kind of have a "picture" in their head of what their baby will look like?
We are planing our second homebirth. I haven't really done as much preparation this time around, yet. Partly because we are going to move within the next few weeks, and I don't really want to get anything set-up or bought and stored until we are all settled into our new place. Family hasn't really said too much this time around. I think they all got it out of their system with the birth of our DS. None of them had ever even heard that you could give birth at home. Now,...
I have been trying to figure out some ideas of how to deal with our situation. DS still sleeps in bed with DH and I. He sleeps between us, but usually way more on my side of the bed. This has worked out great so far because I sleep through all of DS's wild sleeping, and when I do wake up to being kicked, I can get back to sleep pretty quickly. However, with a new baby coming. I don't think that actually having DS in the bed with us is going to work anymore. He is way too...
DH has a potential good job offer in Los Alamos, New Mexico. H eis really excited about it, and excited about moving to a different state, and kind of setting out on an adventure together. My only concern is that I am more than 28 weeks pregnant. I love our midwife here; she delivered our son, too, and she is someone that I trust and am comfortable with. I am worried about the idea of having to find a new midwife being this far along that I feel is experienced and...