or Connect

Posts by MnMtm

When I went back to school, I had to pump around every 3 hours. I could not go longer than that without getting clogged ducts, and even mastitis. He did switch up his nights and days. He would nurse every hour or 2 whenever I was home, even through the night, but would frequently go for 3 hour stretches, or slightly more when I was gone at school. I had to pump at leact every 3 hours to keep up with his demand, and was never really able to build up much of a stash, as I...
I love the naming site www.nymbler.com. It lets you enter other names you like (boy or girl,) and it gives you naming suggestions based on the name you already like. DH and I are having the naming dilemma, too. We aren't finding out the gender, but DH is so convinced that it is a boy, he won't even discuss girl names. Our first DS didn't have a name for nearly 2 weeks after he was born. I hoing that doesn't happen with this one, but it might.
Welcome with Love is also by Jenni Overend. I wonder if they are similar.
Hello Baby by Jenni Overend is supposed to be a good one. I was considering buying it for my 2.5 yo son, but ultimately decided that I'm going to have him be at grandma and grandpa's during the homebirth. I just know that, for me, I would find it really difficult to try to take care of my son during labor and delivery, and even if there was someone else there, he would always want me. We ended up buying What Baby Needs which focuses on life with a new baby after the...
DH and I aren't going to find out, but I don't think it will be hard not to because we are not having an ultrasound. And as fun as it is to plan and buy things, I'm actually hoping that by not knowing the gender, I will be less tempted to buy things, and more willing to make do with the things we already have from DS. There is a small part of me that wnats to know beforehand, but the further into the pregnancy we've gotten, the more convinced I am that, for us, it will...
Awesome! I have a newfound respect for him.
My nephew is about 6 months older than my son, but they are about the same size, and on the same level developmentally. (My son is a bit ahead of the curve, his cousin is a bit behind.) Usually they are best friends, but they have gone through some times.  My nephew went through a biting phase, and since SIL and I trade babysitting frequently, they were together a lot, and I was not okay with letting my child get bit. She and I talked, and were able to work out some...
I may be a bit paranoid about eveything when I am pregnant. DH has used the word "fanatical," but I think he just did that to irritate me; I may not be mainstream, but I think "fanatical," is a bit of an extreme description. When I eat deli meat, I sear it in a pan first. For me, it hasn't been that big of a deal, though. Deli meat and runny eggs are the only things I ate regularly that are considered taboo. Now, I just sear my meat, and I've been making "green eggs," ...
Yay! This pregnancy seems to be going by so much faster than when I was pregnant with DS! I opened my e-mail today, and had an e-mail from Mothering entitled "Your 20th Week." Crazy! So fun, though. It doesn remind me that I was going to start drinking red reaspberry leaf tea during my sencond trimester. I guess I'd better get going with that.
My midwife gave my a study that showed that the vitamin K shot did slightly increase the child's risk for childhood leukemia, but that not getting it did increase the child's risk for hemorrhage, especially if the child was born with forceps or vaccuum extraction. The increased risks for either were about the same, but we decided to forgo it considering that our child had a completely natural and uncomplicated birth, and we did left him intact. I will try to see if I can...