or Connect

Posts by spookyblue

I know about this one! When I was pregnant, the midwives at the North Shore Birth Center told me about it and we donated right after DD was born. It didn't cost extra and they did everything right at the birth center.
We got it through DH's employer yesterday. It's Great West PPO and we signed up for prescription and dental in addition to medical. The most important things to me in a plan is maternity care and prescription coverage. Choice of provider is important too, since with my old HMO it had good coverage, but "out of network" meant "out of massachusetts and we live near the new hampshire border...Our family is in Massachusetts and I was wondering if anyone has anything to share...
10ish inches in Swampscott. DH & I took a winter walk as we watched DD play in the snow then went in and we all snuggled up with some hot cocoa.
Awww, she sounds like a little doll! My little girl was the same way from day one. She was up and ready to face the world (and more importantly, eat) the second she, well, fell out of me. Everyone was commenting how much she was just taking things in. Her eyes followed me constantly the first few days. Oh, and she beat her daddy at a farting contest, haha. 18 months later, Boop now a happy, curious, very social little girl who loves to go out, meet people, and have...
I carve out some 'me' time every day. There's no way I can take care of my daughter well unless I get my own basic needs like sleep and food squared away. Most of my break happens when she naps (for 2 hours, lucky me) and that's when I do stuff like eat, shower, clean house, laundry, check e-mail, maybe watch "The Wire"... stuff like that. Having that extra energy when she's NOT sleeping makes a big difference with how I keep up with her.
I would go with something that's more likely to get you a stable job, especially with the economy the way it is. Also, think of it like this: If you're stable first, you can save the money to get a second degree later in your life. That's what, like, half my family did. Also, I was a graphic design major and now I work at Panera . It's fun to work there and the people are great, but if I could go back 5 years and choose a different major, I would have done something...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoestoShow Monkey boy, Monkey man, Baby Man, Baby Monkey, Monkey Boo, Boos, Buddy, Mr. Monkey, Sweetie boy, Mr. Baby, Mr. Man, Munchkie/Munchkie Boy (those are my mom's name for him...I think it was shortened from "munchkin), Fusses [Last Name],Toofus Monster (started when he got his second tooth the day after getting his first), and many many many more. As for how they started, I can't even remember except Monkey came about...
Don't know if this will help since my birth wasn't a VBAC... I had my daughter at a birth center. DH, however was dead set against it at first because back in the mid 70's, his mom's first baby (a little girl) died at one. He yelled. He screamed. He even said he would refuse to drive me there. "Why can't we do it at a hospital like everyone else?" I stood my ground and told him "Yes, I know it's your baby too, but I'm the one giving birth. What are you going to do,...
Grew up in Chattanooga here. The Bread Basket is very good, but my favorite is Great Harvest Bread company downtown. They give generous free samples and I've never had one I didn't like.
I believe someone had one with the Harvard Vanguard midwives. Here's the thread. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...157&highlight=