or Connect

Posts by Neuromancer

Sebastian is 12 weeks old.  He's beginning to swat at things held above him and to put his fists into his mouth sometimes, but otherwise still can't control his hands well.  He isn't rolling over yet, and he hasn't yet noticed his feet.  He smiles and coos and "chats," but doesn't really laugh or giggle.  He sleeps well at night, only waking to nurse a few times, but wakes very easily during daytime naps.  He won't take a bottle, which is our current stress with him, as...
Congratulations!  Glad things are happier in your home.  ;)
This!  I want my little boobs back!
We have a non-diaper bag "diaper bag."  Meaning that it's a black bag with pockets, but not designed to be a diaper bag.  It was actually made by a skateboard/snowboard company.   It has a cross-body or shoulder strap and shorter handles, so can be carried a variety of ways.    For short trips that require a diaper, I can throw a few things in a smaller tote bag.  My bare essentials are: Changing pad that folds up.  It also has mesh pockets that hold an emergency...
My summer sling is a double-layer linen RS, and pretty lightweight (perfect for mid-seventies temps) but it's still too hot in the humid 80s and 90s.  And I have not been able to get him into nursing position comfortably while wearing him in it.  However, friends we ran into on Memorial Day offered to loan us their Bugaboo Bee until we can get the lightweight stroller we intend to order at 3 months.  Hopefully we're getting that from them tomorrow.  They've moved on to a...
Congratulations!  I hope her need to be on oxygen resolves soon.
Here's a hastily photoshopped comparison of Sebastian at 5 days and 2 months (9 weeks) -- not officially to scale, but since those are the same cloth diapers, it's close.  
I put the amber teething necklace on our kid yesterday.  My husband seems suspicious as to its efficacy, but agrees it is a cute accessory even if it doesn't work.  Sebastian is only 9 1/2 weeks old, which seems a little young for teething, but he's started getting a little drooly, seems to enjoy chewing on my finger when he's not hungry, and last night it looked like he grabbed at his ear.  I sort of think I can see one of his bottom teeth showing through the gum, but...
Sebastian loves to nurse, and to hold on to a hank of my hair while doing so.  He is also particular about how he likes to be held -- upright, unless nursing.  He enjoys looking up and throwing his head back -- at lights, skylights, trees, etc. This may all be typical baby stuff, but I'm enjoying it.   I go back to work on Tuesday.  I went in for 2 1/2 hours today and he wasn't to pleased to be offered a bottle while I was gone.  Hope he gets better with that.
Sebastian took his first bottle today, too!  After a couple of false starts, my husband put the baby in the bouncy Bjorn chair and I hid around the corner.  The kid drank all 2 oz. we'd put in the bottle and asked for more.  I gave him the breast at that point (don't want to use up all of my expressed milk).   I only pumped 2 1/2 oz. today.  Maybe I'd better start pumping twice a day...    I read that when I'm not at work he only needs to get 2-3 bottles a week to...