or Connect

Posts by Neuromancer

Do we need to send in a search-and-rescue team to get you out of the kitchen? I hope you're not over-cleaning. I just finished my 15 minutes in the living room. I refilled the cat's water (and even played with him in the process by throwing his favorite shoelace down the stair for him to fetch several times), dusted lightly, straightened up and removed objects that went in other rooms, recycled some magazines, vacuumed, etc. I had about 2 minutes at the end I...
Well, it took me two whole 15 minute bursts (in a row) to get the bathroom done because my vacuum cleaner kind of exploded. But I did manage to get the cat litter scooped and cleaned the medicine cabinet, floor, under the sink, the toilet, sink and faucet. I also wiped a few wall and door smudges away. And the towels are hung up and the plants watered. That was good! Good luck, Katie! You've already gotten a lot accomplished today! Pegasus, I hope you're getting...
ok to delete!
Quote: Originally Posted by Otterella I figured this group would be the best to answer this question. I'm planning a baby shower for a very good friend, and could use some ideas. I'm not a fan of the typical baby shower games. What would like/would have liked for your shower? TIA! Thank you for asking! I also have a good friend who is pregnant, and I'm thinking about asking her if she'd like me to throw her a shower. I don't think she'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by _betsy_ By the time I got my period, I had been doing all my own laundry for a couple years. Show her how, and make her laundry her responsibility. When she runs out of clean clothes and underwear, she'll make the effort to do it on her own. Betsy said it before I could. We were doing our own laundry (had our own dirty clothes hampers in each of our bedrooms) by the time we were in late elementary school. Mom and...
I'm up for it! I was just thinking I need to do some general tidying. I don't know how well I can tackle the piles of paper in 15 minute bursts (I get weary just looking at them), but the other stuff seems doable. I live in an apartment, so if we're doing it room-by-room, I may run out of rooms before you do, though. Is that okay? I'm sure I'll still have stuff left I need to do!!
Quote: Originally Posted by tofumama Hippy Wedding here My dress was $10 from a thrift store...I dyed it purple. Dh wore a purple shirt and white pants and sandals. Rings were made by a local artisan and were $100 each? Dh gave me his grandmother's ring as an engagement ring (I don't wear it now though)I didn't have a wedding party, but instead incorporated the 'bridesmaids' and 'groomsmen' into the wedding itself. Gals did readings, and the guys sang....
Our wedding was in the midwest in 2001. We were very frugal. I didn't want to spend too much on our wedding, so we did a bunch of things on a shoestring budget. Some of the ways we cut costs were: 1. No wedding party. Special friends and family members were readers, candlelighters, witnesses, musicians, etc. 2. Food: either bought at Sam's Club in bulk or made ourselves and by family members. Mom made punch and cookies and candies, my husband and I made 5 gallons of...
Quote: Originally Posted by fishface We're waiting til 2010 or 2011, depends on his route in med school. He won't know for a year so in year I'll know when we'll get married and when we'll TTC! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! A whole year just to know how many more years I'll have to wait! I'm so impatient. I'm glad there are some people here thinking about 2010! We're just starting to think seriously about TTC. I'm about to be 31 and it would be our...
Well, it really depends on what you're making. Some people find a slow cooker indispensable. I've never needed one. And I love my rice cooker, but others think they're unnecessary. When I was starting out, I needed a couple of mixing bowls, a couple of things to stir food (a spatula and a flipper are nice, too), and a couple of knives (serrated and not). A food processor is not a must, nor is a stand mixer. That said, I now cook and bake enough that I have both. I...