or Connect

Posts by mrspineau

When DH comes home, he looks great.  He always looks great.  He somedays works later than others, but he pretty much comes home, hugs us all and kisses us, eats supper, plays with kids, and he'll usually do the bedtime thing with them, if he's home on time.  If he comes home after bedtime (which is 6pm) then he will hug and kiss me and the baby, eat supper, and we will cuddle on the couch and watch tv for a bit, then he will go down to our basement gym and workout for an...
  lol yikes!!!!  yikes at your husband and yikes at you for posting about it!  I bet he'd be some humiliated if he read what you'll write to strangers about him.....
Would the book be "Happy Housewives" by Darla Shine?  It sounds like it to me.   I feel proud to be a stay at home mom and I want to look like it.  Everything feels better when I feel like I look good.  I feel like cleaning, I feel like taking the kids out, I'm in a good mood, I feel confident, which means that all my positivity comes through when my husband comes home.  When he comes it's the highlight of my whole day. I'm excited to see him and I want him to know that....
I definetely fix myself up for him before he comes home.  and the house.   of course sometimes he comes home just as the baby puked on me or just as our son has dumped out all of his toys, but I try to stay on top of it.  His work is extremely stressful so I would love for him to feel relaxed when he comes in the door, and welcomed and missed, and excited to see me.... if ya know what I mean ;) lol
I would be on the suspicious camp as well.   I don't know why there would be a need to get the child to come alone, if she wanted a break, she would more likely ask you to watch her child I would think.  I think it's a weird request. 
Yeah I think neglect too.  I don't think it is the same as saying that forcing them to wear a jacket is abuse at all.  Sometimes as parents we have to force certain things with our children if it is in their best interest.  sure it would be easier for me not to make my son wear a jacket if he didn't want to, but that's not really the point of being his mother. I can still give him choices, like which jacket he wants to wear but if it's cold outside then he's putting on a...
Mine is very clean and organized.  But, I think i'm a little OCD about it lol.  I used to be crazy messy all of my life, and then just sort of all of a sudden became a neat freak.  I think I have a serious fear of mess now.  any little bit of clutter drives me totally crazy.  I literally had to make a place for every single item and if it doesnt have a place or purpose, then i get rid of it.  i clean up messes as i make them, and clean up one mess before starting...
Well, I'll tell you why I make the decision as to how warm/cool my children are dressed.  First of all, they are too little to make that decision.  I'm their parent, and so it's my job to make some decisions for them.  The reason why I don't want my kids to get cold unnecessarily is because when your body is cold you are more likely to catch a cold because your immune system is weakened.  Children are more sensitive to cold.  It has nothing to do with being controlling...
I eat clean and exercise, tan, (sometimes bed, sometimes spray tan) get my nails done and toes regularly, get waxing done, and get regular hair trims and colors. I used to put these things on the back burner but I just feel so much better about myself when I take some time to relax (cause let's face it, the salon is a fun place to go lol) and take care of my appearance. My clothes could sure use some work but I just had a baby a week ago so that will come as the baby...
Mine would certainly not be upset with me if I didn't have dinner ready. But, I do want to have it ready and try to, and feel kinda bad if I don't. I do think that 3:30 is too early though. My husband doesn't get home until 5:30 or 6, so it's pretty good timing.