or Connect

Posts by mrspineau

We have a lot of toys. But we also have a large playroom and livingroom area and lots of storage and organization. For us the amount of toys doesn't matter so long as the house is clutter free and organized. so as long as our space can accomodate new toys, we don't set a limit on how many the kids can have. We don't allow toys to be all jumbled up together in a big bin/toy box, so there is a spot for the cars, a spot for the blocks, etc. so it doesn't really matter...
We have a lot of toys. But we also have a large playroom and livingroom area and lots of storage and organization. For us the amount of toys doesn't matter so long as the house is clutter free and organized. so as long as our space can accomodate new toys, we don't set a limit on how many the kids can have. We don't allow toys to be all jumbled up together in a big bin/toy box, so there is a spot for the cars, a spot for the blockes, etc. so it doesnt really matter...
I would continue to wax and tell her that waxing is a part of grooming that women do when they are older.
We were planning on putting our 2 1/2 yr old into montessori this fall. We did think it would benefit him a lot, specifically because he is very advanced for his age and we thought that the oppourtunity to learn in that type of environment with children of different ages would only help him develop his love of learning. And the particular learning materials they have there we thought he would really take to. But, we are expecting a baby any day now and we decided not to...
I would be more concerned that every time that he looks at the hole by his head that he's going to have negative feelings towards his father, not sleep. I think that your dh sounds like he has some major anger problems and should get some help for that.
Okay, you're scaring me LOL!!! I've got a two year old and a little girl due any day now and I keep thinking to myself "maybe two will be not that different than having one...."
how about a ring binder with lined paper, to write the crafts on, pocket pages to put other sheets in, and a variety of types of pages to keep other notes and such? then it's all in one spot.
I dunno, I mean what is maintstream anyhow? My 2yo would love that remote control car, and he would also love playsilks. He has all sorts of flashy light up sound making toys, and he also has lots of wooden, simple type toys. I think that for the most part with kids, toys are toys. I think that art supplies are always fun, whether you have seen him do it or not maybe he just hasn't been exposed to it yet. Or maybe a dress up costume? or books?
I think that nine is still pretty young. In our house, the rule is that if you don't take care of your things, aren't a well behaved child, don't keep up good marks at school, and don't show an overall sense of responsibility that is age appropriate, then you aren't entitled to more thigs. If you do take care of your things (and that includes cleaning them up when you're done with them) and you are kind and well behaved, you try your hardest at school and you keep your...
My husband and I both think that our son is extraordinary. I feel like others think the same about him too. But, I do not feel that way about other children that I know well. I do think all children are special in their own ways, beautiful, wonderful little creatures, but not extraordinary.