or Connect

Posts by mrspineau

I would make set meal times, and have set times when the friend can come over that do not cross over those meal times.
I think it can really take a while before you sort of, get the hang of things. It's a learning process, you know? I think just plain time has made me a better parent. You learn what works and what doesn't, what's important and what's not, how to manage your time, how to multitask, etc.
I don't. With my husband, yes, but really only on a really really really bad day. We tried for three years to concieve and we really try and just be thankful that we have our son and a little girl on the way. It's not that we don't have bad days, I think every parent does, but I also wanted this very badly and knew what it was going to mean. So many parents have lost their little ones and I think focusing on the positive is really important, and can also make you feel...
having a designated playroom definetely helps too. for us we have a room off of the livingroom that we call the playroom (although the livingroom is definetely part of the playroom as well) and all of the toys stay in there and have homes in there. But, my son is only two, and as he gets older, then there is lots of space in his bedroom where new toys will go. also the same with my daughter (whos not here yet, but still). It certainly helps to keep the toys in one...
My son is 2, and I have another one coming soon, and we have TONS of toys. I do manage very well to keep them organized and tidy all the time though, and I think these are the reasons why: 1. my son does help clean up, and I do expect him to. I dont expect him to necessarily do it on his own or not to get distracted, but I just keep trying to reinforce "everyone cleans up together" type of thing. and he has gotten it very well, and now will do it on his own without...
Quote: Originally Posted by NellieKatz I was thinking about this question and I wonder if it has to do with discomfort at their own hypocrisy. What I mean is, if the parent can reach out and grab any impulse purchase that they want, and if they are the kind who is constantly buying themselves "toys," but the kid cannot, there's a bit of a double standard there. . I agree with this, and so I don't buy things for myself that I don't need unless...
Quote: Originally Posted by lach I like the recommendation to see if a local Y has reduced memberships. I know that mine does. If things are really so tight that you can't find $10 a week for a mother's helper, I'm sure that you'll be able to qualify for financial aid at some preschools. I would call around and ask before assuming that it's impossible. Many preschools, particularly ones run by towns, churches, or fancy private schools offer...
Can I just ask, purely coming from my own ignorance on the subject, how you know if you have a spirited child? What exactly does it mean? I ask because, I know that there have been times that I have put my son in the stroller and he has freaked out, or wanted him to do lots of things that he freaks out about and "wont" do, but if I want him to do something, it's for a reason and I mean it and stand my ground and eventually, he does it. and the fight doesnt usually last...
Your schedule looks pretty much the norm to me, and if that leads to a good day, then why not just do that all the time? I think if you wanted to have more flexibility you could just make the snacks and the naptimes on point and then the rest could be whatever you like. I do find that if I am on with snacks and naptime, then it curbs hyperness/fussiness. When you go to the park, and you do remember to bring a snack, do you find that helps?
Quote: Originally Posted by laohaire Someone asked if this is the hill you want to die on. I always wonder why people don't ask if this is the hill her MOTHER wants to die on? Because, unfortunately we cannot control another's actions. We can, however, choose to control our own reactions to other's actions. so, we have to choose for ourselves, what "hills we want to die on". Even though someone else may be in the wrong.