or Connect

Posts by mrspineau

I think that it is your right to decide what type of toys you want your daughter to play with, however gifts are gifts and you can't monitor what other people choose to give. And, if you have a problem with it, then IMO it is your job to be "the bad guy" and not allow your daughter to have it on the spot, rather than taking it away later and saying that it disappeared. I think that for many, including myself, it is somewhat hard to understand the problem with character...
I think this is very strange. My sister has told me to "bite him back" when my son went through a short biting phase, and would bite her own son to teach him not to bite. I just don't get it. To me it is completely illogical.
I have had lots of strangers say things like, "you're little boy seems like such a happy little child!" and that makes my day. I don't think that there are many compliments that I would take as condescending. And I wouldn't think you a busy body either if you were saying something nice.
Sounds to me like typical stay at home mom life! My husband does help out a lot, more than the average guy I would even say, but owns a company and has to work which means that I am the one who does most of the child care. It will get easier. 9 m is such a tough time when they don't sleep restfully. There was a time when DH and I thought our son would never sleep through the night. But eventually they do, it just takes time sometimes. As far as TV goes, personally I...
I wouldn't think anything of it, honestly. lol my sister has a huge problem with the fact that I let my son say "boobies". I find that hilarious. I have a problem with real curse words, but not things like, heck, frig, darn, etc. Although, he doesnt say those things, yet anyways. we dont say them really i guess though so he doesnt really hear them.
I use one pretty much only at two stores: one is a toy store, where I want him to be able to explore but also want him to stay close to me and not bolt down the stairs or out the door or something (I'm also very pregnant right now and can't run very fast lol) and at a certain dollar store where the carts don't hold children and he runs all around. I find it great for those kinds of situations! I say use one, I have certainly not gotten any glares for it, god help...
I don't understand the idea that manners compromises authenticity. When I say thank you, I FEEL thankful. When I say sorry, I FEEL sorry. And I think that my two year old is the same! I like him to say please and thank you, but I have never really, enforced it. he just does it. And also, I think its also about teaching your children what are appropriate feelings. For example, if my son is taking a total fit because he wants a blue cup instead of a red cup, I...
I have a little boy who's two and I'm due to have a little girl in September! Very exciting, scary, etc. lol but I can't wait.
Potty training is really the one huge thing about parenting that makes me nervous because I just have no idea what im doing! Everything I read is contradicting information. My son is 2.5, and while I'm not necessarily in a rush to get him potty trained, I do think that he understands and would be ready to if I could get my act together. I just don't know what the best approach is. How did you all start potty training your toddlers and what methods did you use? How...
I would have taken a kickboard and swam there anyhow and pretty much ignore her and tell my son to ignore her too.