or Connect

Posts by mrspineau

Quote: Originally Posted by mattemma04 I would not allow my kids to walk to school. I see nothing lax with parents choosing otherwise. Their kids so their choice.I would not appreciate my parents or anyone else saying I am putting my child at risk due to the choices I make.Lol, I did get comments for homebirthing,vaxing choices,and schooling choices.Some people just can't help but comment. Until something happens and they can say *I told you so* I want...
Quote: Originally Posted by hollytheteacher Well call me a helicopter parent because in no way can I imagine letting my son go anywhere alone when he's only 7 eek!! I mean in the OP's case the 7 year old is walking with an 11 year old so i can sort of see that as being okay. maybe it is because my son is only 2.5 but I just can't even picture it!! It gives me heart palpitations to think about. Also, i'm a preschool teacher and when i see some of my...
you could make stew with most of that I think...
I make avacado vanilla smoothies. I use an all natural protein whey powder sweetened with stevia, some milk, amond milk, or rice milk, ice cubes, and avacados. u can add frozen fruit also to add more flavor.
People tell me I'm lucky all the time. And, I think that I am. HOWEVER, we are not poor and I might not want to stay at home if it meant we would be, because I feel that money is such a necessity for us. We've had the lifestyle we have had for a long time now, and giving up some things would seem just so foreign to us. A lot of things that we feel is necessary I would bet that a lot of people don't. So, it also comes down to what people value in their lives and what...
okay so another thread got me really thinking about this. we have no playgroups in our area at all. I'm a stay at home mom, and I would love to get together with other moms for a playgroup. However, I am kind of shy and organizing one seems very out of my element... but, have any of you ever organized one and what kind of venues/activities/snacks and such did you do? or alternatively, what are the playgroups that you go to like? does someone lead them or do the moms...
I'm a stay at home mom, and I find there is really no activities around here. except the family swim at the pool where to go to once or twice a week, and going to the park. But there are no playgroups that I know of, though I would absolutely LOVE to go to one. I have thought about organizing one, but I guess I'm not really sure how to start, nor am I really that outgoing a person to do it. I think lots of activities sound great!
Quote: Originally Posted by Latte Mama You're not overreacting. Kids do fall out of windows, get lost in the woods at national parks, etc. It happens to parents who honestly believe their child wouldn't do,climb,disappear, or other stunt not usually done. Stuff happens. This. I completely agree.
I would be embarassed really to give or allow my son treats all the time. I grew up eating pretty much ONLY junk food, and I became extremely addicted to food, gained a lot of weight and became very unhappy. I have had to really learn about food on my own and work very very hard to lose the weight and become healthy again, and it was actually quite traumatic emotionally and physically. I want my kids to be as healthy as they can be. I allow treats once in a while, and...
That's not the norm around here, I don't think I have ever seen a child get offered seconds at a party. I like the idea of my child never ever having sugar, but it's just not going to happen so, I let him indulge a little at a birthday party, or on a hot day with some ice cream once in a while. I don't think anyone is weird who plain does not allow sugar period, but I do think its really weird when kids are allowed to eat junk all the time or whenever they like.