or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by mrspineau

Quote: Originally Posted by buttercup784ever ^^I don't think there's anything wrong with that. In fact, I would probably do the same thing if I was in earshot. But I'm not sitting in earshot waiting for that to happen either. And I also don't expect other parents' to do that...jump in and make things "fair" I mean. It's just not going to happen. But instead of assuming that those parents' are crappy and are on their way to raising a little serial...
Quote: Originally Posted by buttercup784ever Your mother too, Edna? I got one of those! lol What I meant is the fact that a 4 year old will sometimes be mean, bossy, etc. to another 4 yr. old will not cause the alienation that Chamomile feels. Unless, as you say, the child is super sensitive in which case I agree with you that it's not the world's place to adapt but the child's. I think the simple question is... should we intervene everytime...
this morning ds looked at the stretch marks on my arms and said "mommy look at what you have! You're all wrinkled!"
Quote: Originally Posted by EdnaMarie I think this probably has more to do with the difference in our children's ages than anything else. As your son grows older, you will begin to see the necessity of letting him make bad decisions and live with the consequences. Right now, your son is still half-baby, 1/4 toddler, and perhaps 1/4 kid (if he's really mature for his age). I am speaking as the parent of a 1/4 baby, 1/4 toddler, and 1/2 kid. (She's...
Quote: Originally Posted by GuildJenn I was thinking about this thread on the weekend. We went to a park we don't get to that often and there was a boy who was about 6 who had created quite an elaborate world in one end of the sandbox with about 2/3 the community toys this park happens to have at the playground and he was being quite bossy about it. He also had a helium balloon with a weight on it that all the other kids wanted and that he was...
Quote: Originally Posted by klosmom my 3yo niece: "Damn It!" my sister: "Thats not nice, don't say that." niece: "Well, Shit It then!" okay THAT is the funniest! lol
LOL you ladies have some very funny kids!!! Mine's hilarious too. He's 2. The other day he came up to me and lifted up my shirt and pointed at my pregnant belly and said "mommy theres a baby in there!!!" very excitedly. then his face turned all serious and he leaned into me and whispered "she's trying to come out..."
Quote: Originally Posted by Jugs Riiight, let's just go to extremes; that's always conducive to discussion. I didn't say not to correct the child, I am saying that ultimately they are going to learn from their interactions with peers. You can drive it into them over and over not to throw sand, but at some point most children are going to test those boundaries with their peers. I found that children (unlike adults) aren't so quick to label one another as...
And, why does it have to be all about the consequence? shouldnt we have higher standards than that? rather than saying, I choose not to steal because I don't want to go to jail, isn't it better to understand that its not right to steal and that's the reason for not doing it? I would much rather my son to not have to go through some consequences if they can be avoided in the first place.
so then, let your child do whatever they want and let them boss the other kids around and grab toys and throw sand? and then the natural consequence to that is now everyone thinks their a bully, and they are probably right.
New Posts  All Forums: