or Connect

Posts by mrspineau

I think that you probably just need a system. It's figuring out the system that's the hardest part though lol. the laundry sounds like a real pain, but what if you just did it at night time when your husband gets home? or, maybe that could be his responsibility? I don't know how much clutter or organization you have, but I know from my experience that cutting out clutter and being organized is what really makes keeping a house clean simpler. my husband and i used to...
I agree that there's really not much reason to set a time limit at all, unless you have to leave to go somewhere. But, my son is two and if he wants to sit at the table for an hour eating while I'm cleaning up or doing some dishes or something, A OKAY with me!
My son does this a lot, asks for things and then after I make it he doesnt want it and asks for something else. The way I pretty much deal with it is, If I have made something, whether its something he has asked for or whether I have decided what the meal was going to be, then that's all I'm making and if he doesn't eat that he'll have to wait until the next meal. And really, its no big deal either way, i figure that if hes hungry than he'll eat it and if hes not then he...
I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with not making her wear underwear, but my only thing would be that she needs to learn how to be in underwear and pull them up and down without getting them bunched up and such on her own and the only way to learn that is probably by wearing them. But I mean, she's only 3.. I don't think it needs to be a big worry
PFFT!!! I think you are totally right in your reaction. If my son did that, I would have made sure that your child was okay, first of all, and then I would have told him that its not acceptable to hit anyone, then I would have had him apologize and if he didn't quickly, I would apologize for him so that I wouldn't be holding you up standing there waiting for the apology, then after you left I would still make him apologize about the situation. That lady sounds nuts to me.
I agree with the person who said that asking for gifts is rude period, even for the birthday person. And really, its making the jealousy situation worse, because the older child can't always expect to be in the spotlight when others are, life doesn't work like that. I think a better idea would be to let the older child help "host" the party, what an important older sibling job that would be! Do you feel comfortable enough with this person to tell them how you feel about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamaluu What exactly do I need to do to become a happy & fulfilled SAHM? The background to this question came from my separate post earlier: (http://www.mothering.com/discussions...8#post15420518) Since I have deciphered my thought kind of down to this one question, I thought it'd be a good one to ask all the happy & fulfilled SAHMs who: 1) are truly happy about their life (satisfied, fulfilled, etc) 2) are properly...
I have a 2 1/2 year old son, and I am pregnant with my second child. Up until recently, I have been sort of anti cleaning lady for us mostly because I felt like, it's my job. However, recently my husbands business has taken off and now we are in a far far better financial way, and now I feel like, I just want one because we can afford it and it would be such a great luxery. I am kind of a private person though, and I have a hard time imagining a stranger in my house...
Quote: Originally Posted by no5no5 We went to a big awards dinner last night with our 4 year old daughter. A few people complimented her clothing or her shoes, or ignored her altogether (which is fine with me and was fine with her), but at least fifteen people must have told her "You're beautiful!" I mean, I do think she's beautiful, and she certainly looked cute in her little dress, but I am totally bugged at the number of times she was told that in...
Honestly I'm kind of anti long hair on boys for the most part, but when I looked at your picture, I think he looks very cute. That to me isn't long. I expected him to have like, long flowing down his back hair or something. I am surprised that people would make a big deal over that type of length of hair on a little baby boy! He doesn't look like a girl at all. Not even a little bit. Most kids that I have seen that age don't get their first hair cut yet.