or Connect

Posts by deethai

Quote: Originally Posted by PassionateWriter I think what you are doing is great for your situation. I feel kind of like you do about the living in situation but I, as you, have no choice in the matter..so I have a MW who is going to travel to me and live with me for 2-3 weeks. I am well...less than excited about it. I don't really like to live with anyone other than my family..in college I didn't live in the dorms for that reason..and I couldn't have...
Quote: Originally Posted by barefootpoetry Was his entire body wrapped up in the cord? If so, that must have been one heck of a long cord! Unfortunately these words are all the information I have about the case. Quote: I've seen many birth videos where the cord is wrapped once or twice around the neck. Once the head is birthed, midwife simply slips it over the head like a T-shirt, no biggie. Some say that having the cord wrapped...
Yes I would also like to know more about why iodized salt is not to be used? Simply cause that's all I see in the stores, so I am not sure where to get non-iodized salt.
Quote: Originally Posted by pamamidwife I agree with Christa - I'm not sure why you feel attacked, but I'm sorry you do. I have a blackberry and get instant email. If you're interested email me at pamela.midwife at gmail.com Thank you pamamidwife.
Quote: Originally Posted by ee_lime I don't see why you wouldn't be able to find a midwife. If you are paying her, then she would just treat you just like any other client by limiting the number of clients that are due when you are. When you go in to labor you call her and then she makes sure that she is getting ready to spend a few hours on her computer, just as if she were coming to your house. I don't see why it would be a problem at...
Quote: Originally Posted by milkybean Yay for pamamidwife. Is it possible that if you're asking about a "midwife" they are like my MIL and just don't really understand that you're talking about being at home? It's not that I don't think you've done your research, but I wonder if maybe there has been a disconnect between what you're wanting and what you're asking. Good luck and BEST wishes! Some more defending and explaining: I make it...
Quote: Originally Posted by coobabysmom What about a midwife with a blackberry or another kind of PDA? She could as reachable by email/IM as by phone. Exactly coobabysmom, but some people might not be aware of laptops, wireless broadband internet, pdas, reading messages on a phone and I don't expect to find a high-tech midwife who is into mobile communication as much as I am although it's nice. A midwife who has broadband internet access at...
Quote: Originally Posted by oetien I don't know, but personally, I think online midwife is kinda ridiculous. If I were in the position, I would either have the birth completely unassisted or have a midwife present. If I were to do an unassisted birth, I would do a research and all that. Ok, looks like I have to continue defending myself and explaining here it goes: Yes I am researching unassisted and it would be great, but I will also continue...
I just heard about yet another case of someone here in Thailand who wanted to have a natural birth in a hospital and ended up with a c-section. The doctors explanation according to the womans account was that "the baby did not come out because he had wrapped himself twice in his umbilical cord... it was no way he would have come out naturally he simply had no length to come out" Have you heard about this before and can it resolve itself?
I did an experiment the other night. I opened a capsule of Solgar Acidophulis and mixed the powder of the capsule with milk. I also did two comparison mixtures, one with store yoghurt + milk and one with store yoghurt + acidophilus capsule powder + milk. All 3 results tasted the same in the morning and had the same consistency, the pure acidophilus powder mix was maybe just a tiny bit more watery, but not much.