or Connect

Posts by zejh

Quote: Originally Posted by emmasmommy I did not stay OP at all this weekend either. Weekends are so hard. That was the topic of our last meeting, and I didn't listen to any of the suggestions. Oh well, back on track today to see if I can redeem myself before weigh-in tomorrow night. I weigh in on Tuesday evenings, too (I assume that's the "tomorrow night" you mean...) I was following core this week, and actually writing stuff down, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglyn Thanks everyone! Im so glad that I was able to start this great discussion! Speaking of all this..... my little nine year old cousin goes to school this year until June 5th. June!!! Colleges have been out since the first week of May. The schools around here go until past June 20th most years, though classes don't start up again until Labor Day. (and colleges on the quarter system go till the end of June, but...
Hi--Just joining in here. I made goal last week after 8 months (and my third or fourth go at WW) This week I got a wake-up call about maintenance when I gained 4 pounds--granted, I didn't get to the gym since I was busy packing and moving, and my mom visited to help and brought her most delicious cookies... At any rate, the instant bounce up after hitting goal made me realize I can't take maintenance for granted, and I don't want to get back up where I was, since my...
My fiance and I have been waiting, sort of, but we're getting closer to the point where an "oops" wouldn't be a problem for us...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 No, not full-day, five days a week. Posted at the same time. I might consider half days at a Montessori school, depending on the child. A few things to consider: Do kids need to get permission to use the bathroom or can they just tell the teacher that they're going and then go? What are their discipline policies? What if a kid is hungry outside of the scheduled time? Are there any penalties for...
I've thought about circumstances where I'd send my (yet-to-be-conceived) children to school... Language would be a big thing--I'm a language geek myself, but nothing beats immersion at a young age for picking up the language. Of course, the problem is that I'd be unwilling to subject children to 6 hours a day in a school I otherwise don't approve of just to pick up a language. (If we ever end up moving out of the country, it would definitely be a case-by-case basis thing...
According to my mother and grandmother, at a family gathering (christmas+grandfather's funeral...) when I was 5 weeks old, I had a mobile hanging over my baby seat, and I would start fussing whenever the music slowed down, and somebody would come and wind it up again, and I'd be happy (I get the idea they'd oblige as often as I wanted). I guess you could call this manipulative, since it wasn't a direct need like feeding, but it was also something I couldn't have done for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandynee22 I apologize in advance if this has been posted but does anyone else have Comcast on Demand? Theres a part that's called "life and family" and on it is a baby and toddler thing on Parents TV. Anyway, I was looking through the topics and one was "Circumcision 101" and the description said that it had arguments "for and against". I had hopes, I will admit. On the show (it's like 7 minutes long) there was an OB who did...
I voted "other", mostly because I'm living in a different part of the country from where I grew up, and the standards of displaying dissatisfaction and anger and such are very different. People around here think I'm really nice and friendly when I'm actually seriously upset, while people from yet other parts of the country think I'm an uncaring person when I think I'm being friendly (by the standards of where I grew up). Basically, I don't want to get into a...
Quote: Originally Posted by CAndMe I thought the same thing when I saw that commercial. And the whole white woman saving all of the people of color thing. Blah. Yeah, there's something about that theme, too... It would be interesting if the American in a help-developing-countries ad sometime were non-white... --Emily