or Connect

Posts by Hippie Mama in MI

Hello, I am on day 8 of my no-poo routine, and the adjustment period is passing. My hair is soft and clean. I have been using 2 Tbsp baking soda, with just enough water to make a paste, on my scalp. For a rinse I do 1/4 cup white vinegar in 6 cups water, just on the ends of the hair. It's really working great! I'm going to convert my hubby next. Glad to know there are others around who don't do the poo! Kady
I use a bin system for my laundry; I have ever since my 17mo was born. I have a folding table in the laundry room, and everything has its own bin. I just toss in undies, bibs, diaper wipes, baby clothes, rags, towels, sweats, pajamas, etc into their bins unfolded. I only fold grown up clothes and bedding. Saves tons of time. I also keep everything right on the table, in the bins, so I don't have to put it away in closets or drawers. Now I have space in my closets for other...
Our 17mo ds co slept with us until he was a year old. Then he got very rambunctious and needed his own space (but not too far away). So we put him on a twin mattress on the floor beside our bed. He loves it and it's GREAT when Mommy & Daddy want to snuggle by themselves... lol Kady
Mr Rogers, Big Big World, Word World and Between the Lions. We really dig PBS... out here in the middle of nowhere, it's the one and only channel we get!! Aedan (17 mo) also adores our Family Guy DVD's, even yells for them sometimes (he loves Stewie, the Evil Baby). But we're trying to discourage that, as it's a very adult cartoon... Kady
My son, Aedan, is 17 months old and a crayon eater too! We tried the ones with the plastic handles but he bit the wax right off and ate it the first second I looked away. We got him one of those magnetic magic wipe-erase drawing boards yesterday for 3 dollars, and he hasn't put it down yet! Only draws in black and white, but it's easy for him to maneuver and NO MESS, plus saves paper. When he makes a really cool picture I take a digital photo to keep. Haven't tried chalk...