or Connect

Posts by Hippie Mama in MI

Thank God I'm not the only one!! I adore my son. I truly do. But sometimes he just.drives.me.NUTS. Especially since we've got a new cat. Before, DS would spend his morning/afternoon time playing quietly with toys or reading books with mama. Nowadays, much of his day is taken up by wild kitty shenannigans. DS chases the cat, tries to remove the cat's skin, drags cat by tail. They go ripping through the house, scattering toys, cat food and litter, etc everywhere. They can...
Dear kmeyrick, We have pooped in your slippers. That is all. Love, Four Daschunds
How About "A Year Of Love And Laughter In Whatcom County"
My DH and I have a really stupid joke that we have played on each other for years now. Whenever one of us is bent over cleaning/dealing with something revolting, like scraping cat poop off the litter pan or scrubbing the toilet, etc... the other spouse comes up behind and does a little bump and grind against the other's derierre. It's our little inside joke and way of saying, "Darling, even when you're elbow deep in kukka, I can't get enough of you." Not gross but I bet...
Umm, not to sound like a dumb a--, but I'm not sure what variety they are. I think it was something like Cherry Million or maybe Ruby Zillion. I do water them a LOT. Would it have anything to do with the fact that the plants are over nine feet tall?
So yesterday I'm in the McDonald's drive thru lane. I pull up to the payment window, hand the 18-year-old girlie employee my credit card, and she says: "Oh. A credit card. I have to take this to the front register to get rung up. So I'll just take your card, and you'll get it back at the other end (when you get your food). Is that okay?" Huh???? What on earth would compel me to hand over my credit card to this teenage stranger, let her take it indoors and out of my...
I almost let her have it over the Volkswagen comment, that was really rude with my dad right there. (My family would have backed me up too, haha). But it was Boo's party. Not the time. So I just stared at her like she had gerbils coming out of her nose, and I said, "OUCH."
So my son's 2nd birthday was last Saturday. Well, on Friday MIL decides to throw my neice a belated 14th birthday party. She tells me, "I know you're busy (cooking food to feed 30 people at a BBQ the next day, plus 4 dozen cupcakes etc), but could you and the baby just stop by around 2pm? It will be a quick little get together." So I drop what I'm doing, drive 40 minutes over there to attend my niece's 'birthday party' (her actual birthday was weeks ago, BTW). I arrive...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan : "Ex-cuse me!? That "thing" is MY baby." Then walk away. Bonus points for making them explain for 5+ minutes that they meant the carrier, but you have to keep a straight face. The classic retort, "Well, I'm the mom, so your opinion really isn't worth anything, but thanks for thinking of me. Want some bean dip?" Look mom, I'm sorry you feel left out, but I'm not about to offer you the other...
I don't get it. I used regular soil and water all year on my cherry tomatoes. No pesticides or chemical fertilizers, no chemistry of any kind. So WHY do all my cherry tomatoes taste like soap? I adore tomatoes and I've had to spit these out. Can't believe it. I'm a novice gardener; is there something really obvious I'm missing here?