or Connect

Posts by Hippie Mama in MI

He was AWFUL acting in Grindhouse (Planet Terror). AWFUL. But then, that whole movie was the cinematic equivalent of toad snot, so he was actually perfect in that particular role. However I dig almost everything else he's directed.
Hmm, I have a similar situation with a couple of my friends. They both know I'm planning to homeschool my son, and they have "casually mentioned" how great it would be if I homeschool their (4) children too. I'm not planning on homeschooling anyone but my son. Honestly I feel like he wouldn't recieve my full attention if I had 4 other kids to deal with. My own kid's learning might suffer, therefore it ain't hap'nin. However I might agree to homeschool someone else's...
Obviously you want to fly. So, fly. Why debate all the points when you really want to fly?
Close family member: I would be able to call with no prior notice at 4am, needing child care, and have them dress and rush right over. Extended family (aunt cousin etc): If I needed them to help me by changing a diaper, playing with boo, helping me carry items, cooking food, keeping dogs away from child, etc they would do so without being asked twice. Non Family Friend: Child care for a few hours, once a year. Also help with carrying things, bringing food to table,...
When I was about 12 years old I pooped my pants at a friend's sleepover. We were having a farting contest and I was hunkered down trying to get off a really good one... I guess I won. I poo'd myself and ran to the bathroom, mortified. I managed to clean myself up with my own panties and buried them in the trash can. But everybody knew what had happened from the look on my face, I guess... All my friends screamed laughter for about 4 months afterward and nicknamed me...
: Ok, so I have this former coworker who has been in the same crummy relationship for at least 5 years (the entire time I've known her). Every time I see her she tells me one of two things: A- She and boyf are getting married on xx-date! B- The wedding is off and boyf is a scum and she's thrown him out of the house. It's one of the two EVERY SINGLE TIME we run into each other. One week he's in, the next he's out. In June she's shopping for bridal gowns and...
Your aunt sounds toxic. Repeat after me: "I'm his mother. I have it under control." "He's MY kid, I will handle it MY way." "Subject change please." "Let's not go there." "Please keep your opinions to yourself." And my two favorites: "...Really? How did that go when you had kids? OH WAIT. That's right, you never HAD kids." and "BUTT OUT LADY!"
One pair old work sneakers Two pairs SAS super-cushy leather sandals (LOVE em) Note: 1 pair of SAS sandals lives in the closet because my original pair (90 bucks in 1999) has not worn out yet...
Bleach takes spaghetti sauce stains off my white tupperware...
My ds is 2. We started giving him almost-daily baths (meaning 4 to 5 per week) this summer because he loves dirt and is always filthy. In the winter, we will go back to 1-2 times a week, because he will be much cleaner then and his skin will dry out if we bath him too much.