or Connect

Posts by Hippie Mama in MI

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...
You are who you are. And you gotta LOVE who you are. Size 14-16, sheeeeet. I'm a 24, with gnarly teeth and bad skin. I am the ugliest woman you're likely to ever meet. Nevertheless, I am married to a gorgeous blond hunk of a man, with vivid green eyes and rippling biceps. He adores my big body, all hips and booty and boobs, what's not to like? He calls me his sex goddess, and we are deliriously happy. LOVE yourself. And tell that man of yours that if he thinks you...
I also grew up with an extremely alcoholic father. Fortunately for everyone (especially him), my dad quit drinking cold turkey about 15 years ago. Having an addict for a parent is like living in a burning house; you never know when the roof is going to cave in or the floor collapse under your feet. You can never relax completely because you're always tensed in readiness for the next catastrophe. Every time the phone rings in the middle of the night, you wonder if your...
Just Because You're PARANOID Don't Mean They're Not AFTER YOU....
I am a music crybaby. LOTS of songs make me cry. But I am very sentimental and tenderhearted (despite my armored exterior I have a heart of silly putty). Here are a few that ALWAYS make me bawl: Nothing Else Matters by Metallica (my wedding song) And He Walks With Me (I am not a Christian but this was my grandma's favorite hymn and she's passed on now) Live Like You Were Dying God Bless The USA Don't Take The Girl Tori Amos (don't know the name of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna Why are you so quick to assume that it's your friends wife and not your friend, when you post that he has stolen regularly all his life? Don't they both work there? Yes, they do both work there. And I did mention that it wasn't impossible that my friend was involved. He's like my brother. I guess I just don't want to imagine him stealing from his mother.
Hugs... I know how you feel. I once ran over a small child's beloved puppy right in front of her (the dog ran suddenly out of some woods and under my car ). The dog did not die well either and I was crying as hard as the child. I felt horrid for months and months! All you can do is say to yourself, "Kitty (or doggy), wherever you are, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." And say the same to your dad, of course.
I know it's a cliche but I feel it is deeply appreciated when people send flowers at times like this (to the nephew and to his mom at the hospital). On the nephew's flower card I would put a heartfelt message and your personal cell phone number with the inscription: "Please do not hesitate to call me day or night if there's anything I can do to help you at this difficult time." The suggestions about gift cards are also a great idea.
Start asking for similar things from her. "Can you spare an aspirin today? etc" If she says yes, you will feel that at least there is some give and take in your relationship. If she says no, remember exactly how she refuses and use her own words on her the next time she comes begging.
Yes, my friend knows about his wife's history. I'm sorry to say, they're very much alike. My friend has stolen from friends regularly all his life, and it isn't impossible that.... he may even have known what DIL was up to So he's not going to step up. Actually Mrs. B is better off without Dr. Dick, IMO (he's a drunk and a UAV even when sober), but their kids are heartbroken of course. And she's in for a huge lifestyle change. Ah well, I guess I should stay out of it....