or Connect

Posts by Hippie Mama in MI

BOOBIES ROCK
Ok, so I know something that could potentially start a riot in a family that is very close to ours. Here's the sorry tale: For almost 40 years, my mother and father have been best friends with another couple (let's call them the Blooms). I grew up with the Bloom kids; they were our extra brother and sister. My brother and I have been best friends with the Bloom kids since birth. Mr. and Mrs. Bloom got a divorce in the 80's, and Mrs. Bloom married another guy...
How about Midget? But I'm always in favor of a cute/silly kid name (just ask my son, "Bubba").
Yes, in a professional setting I always initiate shaking hands upon first introduction. Sometimes I do it in social settings that don't really call for it, too. I like shaking hands. It tells the other person, "I am confident and know who I am, and I recognize you as an interesting person." It also helps the initiator "take control" of a situation. I would be a little puzzled if someone didn't want to shake my hand (might not work there, IMHO).
No you're not wrong to have your hackles up. If it makes you uncomfortable, then (in your marriage) it's not something that should be allowed. If some chickie was IMing my dh, I would reply to her myself and I guarantee she'd never IM him again...
Hi Crafty and Handy Mamas, I have a royal blue First Up tent/canopy that I want to make more eye-catching when I go to my craft shows. Since my wares are a little funky and mystical, I want to do stars and moons, stamped or stenciled in a silvery white color. The fabric of the tent canopy is made out of the same cloth raincoats are made of (not sure of the name of the fabric, sorry). I want to do this but I don't want to ruin my canopy!! The fabric has to be...
Yeah, my brotehr and I snuck out as kids too. Mostly doing dumb stuff like turning picnic tables upside down and throwing park swings up over the top bar so the kids wouldn't be able to reach them. We often tried to get alcohol but almost never had any luck (thank goodness it's so hard for kids to get booze, lol). The worst thing we ever did was steal a park canoe (there for drowning emergencies) and take it across a lake. However, we lived in a very rural area...
Stores carry small sizes because they want small sized girls shopping there, making the place look chic and model-esque. Ever notice when you shop: the smallest sizes are on the front/outside of the racks, where people can see those best?
Hi, In the friendliest way possible, I would like to say that I am a bit like your neighbor. I don't care about how long the grass around my house is, in fact I like it long and full of wildflowers, like a meadow. I wouldn't have dog poop or a shopping cart in my yard, but if I did I would expect people to look the other way. Finally, not everyone is social. I avoid neighbors like the plague because I just plain don't have room for them in my life. I try to avoid...
You should have said: "They don't want to come out because they're afraid of the idiots I am apparently surrounded by."