or Connect

Posts by Hippie Mama in MI

Maybe a truly "grown up" outfit like a nice suit or her first pair of high heeled shoes? If you have any family heirlooms from you mother/grandmother etc, maybe now would be a good time to give them to your dd. Congrats!
Three levels of effectiveness for you: 1. Reasonable/Friendly. Tell the kid you're not interested and never will be. 2. Disgusting. Pick your nose around him, scratch your crotch (maybe make it look like something's festering in there), hawk loogies and spit on the floor. 3. Crazy. Tell him Elvis Presley lives in your toilet and you talk to him when you poop. Describe how you ground up your cat, Mittens, and made him into a lovely zucchini lasagna. Throw rocks at his...
I have a small back porch garden, all in pots: 10 tomato plants, some onions, peas, beans and chives. We rent; aren't sure when we're moving next as we're looking to buy a house. So I didn't want to put in a real "in the dirt" garden and have to leave it. Everything's doing great (except the bean plants that a squirrel ate). In fact my tomato plants are taller than me, and putting my veteran gardener mother's plants to shame! Good luck to all and happy diggin...
I am a "shove the entire laundry pile into the washer without examining it" type. I frequently wash money, papers from dh's work, pens, chapstick and much more. Sometimes even ds's toys end up in the laundry. Once I found a soda can in there!
Well, we went for the age-old tradition of naming the kid something similar-but-different than the parents. Hence: Mommy: Kady Daddy: Allen Baby: Aedan Allen
Not to under-analyze, but I'll point out the obvious: Maybe you're getting tired of being the only one at home to hold the toilet waters back... Maybe you feel like you're turning into nothing more than a cleaning rag. Just a guess.
My ds is 2. Our sleep routine goes like this: Depending on what time we got up, ds and I head for the bedroom around 1pm for naptime; 10pm for bedtime. He has a twin bed right beside ours. I put a fresh diaper on him, give him a sippy cup of milk, and lay down beside him. I read him an Arthur book and sing him 2-3 soft songs. Then I lie on my side (low arm above my head), hug him with my free arm, and try to get him to sleep. I speak very softly, give him a back...
I'm with you. I have plenty of relatives who constantly yap at me: "DS needs shoes. He needs his shoes off. He's tired. He's cold. Don't use that cup, give him the other one. He's hungry. He doesn't want that, he wants this." And on and on. If he's cranky and I'm tired, I can't let them know or I hear: "You shouldn't be up so late working on ____. He's a GOOD boy, Mama. Mama's tired, she needs a nap." They always make it clear that if he's cranky it's because I am a bad...
Hahaha, that's exactly how I feel about rubbing my eyes/eyelids. It just feels soooooooooo good, its positively seck-shoo-al.
I HATE spelling, punctuational and grammatical errors (I'm a writer and I guess it's just my duty to proofread everything, ha ha). In fact, I feel so strongly about them that years ago I used to go to online chat rooms and make fun of the people who couldn't spell. I don't do that anymore (it's bad karma). When I see errors on MDC, I just assume that somebody hit the wrong letter key or simply never learned to spell that word. (Nobody take offense, here... but I am...