Pros: Soft, easy to wash, very effective
Cons: looks grungy & velcro wears out w/ frequent use
I bought 18 white BSWWs with hook&loop closures (6 per size) for my first DD in 2006, and am using them now with DD#2.
- Velcro makes it very adjustable for skinnier babies
- Contains pooptastrophes well; elastic around legs holds up well!
- Very easy to wash/dry
- Contains wetness 100%.
- PUL hasn't deteriorated at all, even with occasional hot dries, etc.
- Velcro wore out with frequent use, and had to replace the velcro for baby #2.
- Turned gray and grungy-looking, even though they were always washed with white prefolds
- Elastic sometimes left pink leg marks
Overall we have been very happy with them. If we could go back in time, I might have invested in the prettier covers and perhaps the snap closures.