I thought I'd post a couple pictures of my dolls. This is the first one I made from a Joy's kit, I was really pleased with how easy it was and how nice it turned out: first doll
I must say the hair was a pain. Since I don't crochet I had a hard time figuring out how to make the wig cap. I actually ended up having a friend's mom do it for me.
I've been having a time with the second one. First of all I made it for someone else, I put my first one up as an example for our preschool auction. They didn't need it until Christmas, so that was last Spring and I've procrastinated doing it until now.
I forgot to do the nose deal and then decided that it was fine without, I just needed to get it done.
I tried doing the crochet cap again and got too frustrated and made up a knit cap pattern that worked out well. Except for the mohair! This little girl often wears wispy pig tails but try as I might I can't brush it out enough to get pig tails and I'm afraid if I brush it any more I'll brush it all out.
I'm also not as pleased with the face. For some reason I made this dolls features really small... but I kept looking at it and decided to leave it.
Oh well. Here she is: second doll
I have a kit for a 16" doll for my son I'm going to get going on. My hope is that some day I'll be really good at this!