All these confessions make me feel a lot better. A lot of mine are repeats, but here goes...
- I thought DD had bad breath, I even told her doctor about it at her one week appt. He looked in her mouth and found nothing. Later I realized it was a cheesy-neck-stink.
- It takes us four prefolds to sleep (not including the ones for her bum): one under my boobs, one for wiping her face/clothes, and two under her head. The double layer is awesome, when she spits up a big one I can whisk away the top prefold and she's still on one.
- I was convinced I wouldn't use baby-tenders but one day I gave in and bought a swing. Pointless anyway, she will rarely stay in it. It usually allows me five minutes to brush my teeth and pee first thing in the morning though.
- In one of our first nights home, in bed, she was crying and I couldn't fix it. I was very tired and frustrated, and I said 'WAH!' back at her.
: I have since gained quite a bit of patience.
- She is currently sleeping, swaddled, with a scarf tied around her upper body. I can't keep her swaddled otherwise. I've googled 'swaddle scarf tie' to try and determine if maybe this isn't as crazy as I think it might be, but no results...
- Our current bath rate seems to be one every two weeks. I tried her in the shower with me and she got red eyes, I think I did it wrong.
- She is six weeks old and has not had her nails trimmed. I wait until she has little hangnails and then rip them off. Kinda works.
- I realized today that I think I am underestimating her eating capacity. I read an article about some culture where their babes are nursed an average of every 13 minutes. With DD, if she's eaten recently, popped off, and then becomes fussy I had assumed she couldn't possibly be hungry again. From now on I'll offer more boob.
There's more, but my little scarf-tied bundle is starting to stir...