So she emailed me tonight. She said that she had him collected today, and his semen wasn't so good. Less than a million, only 40% alive, and he only produced 4 straws. She said that maybe the semen was old. So I guess she made another appt for Saturday. I emailed back and asked as gently as I could that she consider holding off on collecting him until after the New Year because a) he hasn't even had his health testing yet, and since I'm responsible for paying for that, I'm not exactly sure when that will happen, b) she has NO guarantee that he will even pass his health testing, so it seems kind of pointless to spend this money right now on collecting him, c) we have perfectly good cryo banks and repro vets here in MN that can take care of his collection when it's time, and d) collecting and storing semen is expensive, and we could spend that money on getting him home, then worrya bout collecting him when we aren't so broke, either of us.
I also told her that if she could swing the ticket, even temporarily, I would pay her back with a check I'm receiving at the beginning of Feb. I won't have a dime (literally) until then, but I can't wait until then to bring him home. It kills me that I'm going to have to pay for this ticket, when it was her daughter who lied to me and totally misrepresented the situation, but what else can I do?